ATT and IPHONE hate current users

Goalie, that is the real issue. AT&T's 3G is mediocre at best. I am still under my original contract with 6 months left, and 500 bucks for what?

I agree, if Verizon was able to get the iphone, AT&T would be in trouble

That is why they fought so hard to be the exclusive seller for another year, because they know they are screwed, unless they improve the quality and speed of their network

Not allowing MMS or tethering with the release of 3.0 just proves how bad their network really is. Anyone else get dropped calls with the iPhone?

Not allowing MMS or tethering with the release of 3.0 just proves how bad their network really is. Anyone else get dropped calls with the iPhone?

Did you see the reason for not allowing MMS on day one?

I have had zero dropped calls on my iPhone.

I get dropped calls and network busy errors all of the time with my piece of junk cingular phone.

had one dropped call in the last couple weeks, but I was in a realllllly low signal area...plus we will see when mms is offered, I am thinking what boygenius is reporting is correct, they have to manually remove the codes.

had one dropped call in the last couple weeks, but I was in a realllllly low signal area...plus we will see when mms is offered, I am thinking what boygenius is reporting is correct, they have to manually remove the codes.

Did you change your user name, or am I imagining something?

I went for a walk this evening and was using the MLB app to listen to a game. The network couldn't even keep that stream going for 20 minutes. That is with a 3G signal. AT&T simply does not care to invest in its infrastructure at a pace that keeps up with technology. Their DSL offerings, UVerse technology are other shining examples.

Other carriers do not require you to sign a new two year contract, plus full price for the phone. With other carriers you can get a new phone while in contract as long a you are willing to pay full price; your contract does not get extended.

With ATT you pay the full price for the IPHONE plus get your contract extended as you will have to sign a new two year contract.

If ATT goes with the prices Scott has posted then no problem.

No other carrier has the iPhone (yet), and no other phone on AT&T has the same requirement. Connect the dots.

I saw the iPhone 3G is being reduced to $99...then I found out I would be charged a TON because I am already with AT&T(even though the only thing I get on my plan is minutes)

I thought the writer was going to say the iPhone 3GS is a sucker bet because of the rumored upcoming iPhone with OLED screen and non-slip case. I was rather disappointed that the 3GS didn't have these features. I can understand the OLED screen not making the cut, but not the case. It seems most people end up buying a silicone case to keep from dropping their iPhone because it's so slippery.

I'm just over a year into a 2-year AT&T contract for a RAZR V3xx, so I don't know if AT&T would offer me the new 32 GB iPhone 3GS for $299 or not. Their website seems to be overrun at the moment so I can't check.

I thought the 3.0 would add MMS? C'mon...that's retarded. Even the free phones with contract can do MMS.

That's what they said during the unveiling yesterday. Both MMS and Tethering won't be available on June 17th when 3.0 is launched. :(

The iPhone has never been able to do either without jailbreaking. AT&T sucks.... :mad:

I was offered the 32G for $299. I believe it has to do with how much revenue your phone brings in also. I am on a top plan and don't use all the benefits of the plan, so they make alot on my business phone. I upgraded to a Iphone 3G 1 year ago for $299, now they are offering the same upgrade to 3GS a year later for $299, probably because they have already paid for the iPhone and made a profit on my monthly payments.

We pay approx $160 a month for our two iPhones, and have done so for nearly a year. I figure they've made their money back on ours too.

We pay approx $160 a month for our two iPhones, and have done so for nearly a year. I figure they've made their money back on ours too.

Someone has to pay for those more bars in more places ;) I do admit AT&T has better coverage in my area but reliability is very poor. But I guess I get what I pay for $120 a month after taxes and fees for 3 phones with 500 min each w/ unlimited data/text. Give up coverage in a few BFE places I go to once in a blue moon.

If AT&T would fix their network, and Apple would fix the few issues with the iPhone they could blow anything out of the water.

HTC Fuze or iPhone???

multiple iPhone bluetooth headsets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)