*ATTENTION* Everybody please read

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
What would you guys and gals like to see in the Sports forum? Do you want sub forums for each sport (the 4 major ones), a forum for pro and one for college sports, how about a Sports Archive forum for those that want to relive the old days of teams, players, announcers, etc....

Let me know.

What would you guys and gals like to see in the Sports forum? Do you want sub forums for each sport (the 4 major ones), a forum for pro and one for college sports, how about a Sports Archive forum for those that want to relive the old days of teams, players, announcers, etc....

Let me know.

Not sure what you're asking Ramy. Don't we already have sticky threads dedicated to the major sports?

I would like seperate pro/college and then within each, 4 major sports sub-categories, but that might be TOO much seperation.

I like it the way it is also. If it gets too structured, I'll feel like I'm at work again! :)

Then again, maybe creating some type of repercussion for creating stupid thread topics could work (or limiting them to one a day). :D

My thought was that with everyone wanting schedule threads and stuff. We have a guy that posts the Sunday Ticket schedule and channels every year. That having all these stickies will be too much scrolling to get to the regular topics.

I was against stickies at DBSforums and am here too. Jeez, no announcer threads. The/your clientele would go downhill fast and the number of (stupid) questions goes way up. Which network televised the 2- legged frog championship of 1965? Was the announcer Jim McKay for Wild World of Sports. Was it in color? How about the 4-legged tournament? How come NBc didn't do it? That sort of dumb crap.

I think that's the reason for the old forum shutting down finally. Mods got tired of the announcer crap stuff. I know Darren didn't want them as a fact. Stephen was playing nice.

I was against stickies at DBSforums and am here too. Jeez, no announcer threads. The/your clientele would go downhill fast and the number of (stupid) questions goes way up. Which network televised the frog championship of 1965? Was the announcer Jim McKay for Wild World of Sports. Was it in color? That sort of dumb crap

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

I don't spend a ton of time in the sports area, but I prefer the 4 subforums for the major sports and the general for everything else.

Ramy,
Other than an NHL and basketball sticky I think were alright the way it is.
You can add the NHL when the season gets here, basketball as well, (I won't be in the basketball threads but there are others that will.)

You've got one for the NFL and College Football, MLB so far, one for schedules (which I think working well, inside that , it could be labeled NFL, MLB so forth).

Then we add our individual threads in the main portion.

You could add a Sticky "Off the Wall" for all the odd type stuff we get in here.

Thats about it, most of it we already have , you've done a good job :D

Jimbo

Let me know.

1. Pro
a. Each major has its own sub
b. Non-major but still pros

2. College
a. Each category of sport has its own

3. Minor Leagues
a. Each category

4. Archived

Having sub forums in sub forums I think would be too much.

Split into four forums.
sports schedules and related material
sports history (announcer threads and other related past and future material)
Am I the only one that thinks ______ is annoying (all posts that start like this or something similiar in its own forum)
everything else.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)