Attention: (Unofficial) There might not be enough equipment for installation?

cpdretired said:
Adant has me scheduled for Jun 10th. I haven't heard from them yet. Just curious where are you located? I am in Chicago just west of Midway Aprt. I spoke with Eddie from Adant about a week ago. At that time he said that I am confirmed but that was last week.

I can't see why your are to call Voom. Adant or Installs Inc. should be responsible to order the equipment. Once you call Voom and subscribe they sent the work order to Installs. Installs then contact the local installer.

Watch the Adant installer....they put my equipment in in Madison WI and decided to keep the DVI cable (open box when they brought it in). I called aVoom and they are shipping me one. I do have a monster DVI but it is the principal of the deal. :yes

Update:

Ok so I called VOOM and spoke with about 3 different people. We spoke with Adant and with Installs Inc.

There is a serious issue with equipment and it is not being shipped out right now. They said that it will start to pick up at the earliest, wednesday of next week. So voom worked with installs inc. and got me setup for Saturday the 12th of June. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

I live about 8 mins north of Wrigley Field. They called the day before the install even though it was confirmed. I guess you have to play it by ear.

VOOM confirmed the supply issues and Installs Inc. is also aware of this.

Well, its' been almost four hours now and the installer from White Glove is still on the roof and I still can't get a signal. Tried two switches, two boxes and we get a 99 signal but ONLY when he's got his meter hooked up. Unhook the meter and the signal goes away. Tried manual redirects and nothing.

My Voom experience so far really sucks. And I haven't even seen frame one of service. Their equipment must really blow.

I'm going to miss my daughter's play because of this stupid sh*t.

What a joke. Any thoughts?

Called my local installer today. I had to wait like 30 mins on hold @ GET-VOOM to get installs to give me the local #. They said I was on track to be installed Mon 8-12.

When I called the local installer, he said "I sent this back a long time ago. I don't have equipment. You'll have to call installs. There's nothing I can do."

So, doesn't look good. I wasn't that upset because I had read this forum and knew the chances weren't so great. Although, it would be nice if this info could have got back to me.

I live in San Diego, CA.

jeremys said:
When I called the local installer, he said "I sent this back a long time ago. I don't have equipment. You'll have to call installs. There's nothing I can do."
Sorry to hear it has been delayed, but at least you won't miss a day...
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome, spenn!
So, was the installer finally able to find the bird?

so.. now I called installs (disconnected once). She said I need to call my local and have them set a date when they get new equip. I told her the local told me to call them and that it is out of his (loc) hands. She puts me on hold to find out how to handle this. She comes back on to say that they (installs?) dont have any voom equipment to give them (local?). She said she will email my local and they will call me to set up a date for the install (when they get the equip). I said "will this take about a month?". She asked how long I had been waiting and I said 2 wks. She said "about 1-2 more", but I'm not going to bank on it.

I have had my VOOM install scheduled for almost a month now...my first date was May 27, then May 26 I got a call from the installer saying they didn't get their shipment so they have to delay...expecting June 3. I called VOOM a number of times since then and they NEVER know when the install will happen. Some Quotes...

1)Voom: Sir, your installer will call you when he gets the equipment...
Me: When will that be, have you shipped it to him?
Voom: Let me check....(ON HOLD then for awhile)....then, Sir we don't know when he will get it..bear with us we are working on it.

2) Voom: We don't have any new data sir, your installer will call you when he gets the equipment.....(see above for rest)

3) Voom: We have a shipment from Motorola in but we don't know how long it will be to ship because we don't know the size of the shipment or how long it will take us to check it into inventory.
Me: Let me speak to a supervisor or someone who can commit to a date.
Voom: Sir, they are not likely to tell you anything different than I am....
I talked to a supervisor who agreed with all my frustrations then told me the same thing the other person told me.

What a TERRIBLE way to run a company....sure I understand they got overrun with more orders as a result of their promo (bad planning on their part)....but then, they don't seem to have any plan on how to fill the void or WHEN the void will be filled...there are systems that have been in place for years that will manage this....available to promise dates etc. They also seem to have no control over their suppliers....one guy told me ...sir we have to work with 4 different companies on this....BIG DEAL.....thank god they are not launching their own satellites......it would never be there.

The other thing...they are leaving a lot of revenue on the table by not being able to meet demand.......not a good sign for their overall health in the long run.

I agree, they should at least tell us something.............I'll end up telling them to forget it if they don't have a answer soon.

Got New Install Date

Got installs on the phone (they did not answer e/mails I sent). They said they would call me back after talking to the installer himself. Called me back and said installer was booked solid and has received equiptment for my install. New date for the 15th was given. Hope this is it.

I agree also. I could have already given VOOM money if they had installed on the 27th as promised, which I think would be a good thing for them. Instead, I still have my money and they don't. They can't get my money until they give me the equipment, I can't watch HDTV until they get me the equipment, everyone loses :(

I am trying to be patient and I will wait, but this really makes them look bad. How many people are not being as patient as me and are just saying forget the whole thing and are cancelling?

kaw

I'm still waiting in Central California for a call telling me the installer has the equipment. I figure on calling them once a week until I get fed up enough to call the whole thing off.

Re: My new install date

I don't think there is a slam dunk on any system out there. The only ones I've found that get almost instant (around a week) install are ones that have bought a HDTV from a outfit that has it's own installers and they are D* & E*systems only. Even the cable company in my area gives a date over a week away for just a HD box and setup to their system from analog to digital. Voom has been disapointing but I hope when I do get it I am satisfied. (Lot of horror stories on these threads). Like Kawdog they don't have any of my $$$$ but the frustration level is high. I think most of us can accept the truth but please don't lie to us; it infuriates us when it happens. So if Voom monitors this site please pay attention. You have the most HD channels & we'd like to see them ASAP - you'll make $$$$ and if it's at all like you hype we'll stay with you. The best marketing tactic is by having satisfied customers. Will let you guys know what happens next Tues ( probably a foot of snow on the roof that day) Would be a good Fathers Day present to have it up and running. (not the snow) Most of us have a friend or 2 that has HD sets and would love to show Voom off and who knows what's in the future.

Voom installed scheduled for 6/10. I spoke with a CSR from Adant Wireless Gurnee, Il. I knew the answer before he told me. Due to lack of equiptment I would be rescheduled. He was suprised that I knew about the lack of equipment. If more people would read this forum they would not blame the installer. They would blame Voom for not ordering more STB's from Motorola.

Both I and my father orderd Voom on the same day during the same call, we had both been schedualed for today (6/8) in the morning hours (8-12). 8AM rolls around he is set up pronto and running, I being 15 minutes away from his location have been told my equipment is on back order and that I am dealing with a diffrent install company then he is, I asked about maybe being switched to the install company he got hooked up with (since they are in the same freaking area.) and I was told that it would take 3 weeks to proccess that request. Why can't I just walk the hell over there and get my equipment, I'm very frustrated... I'm currently on hold with Voom at the moment and have been for the last 20-30 minutes. :(

Oh well, such is life.

cpdretired,

My installation was scheduled with Adant Wireless for the 8th. Did they have any idea how long the wait for equipment would be? I'm over 100 miles away from Gurnee, so I fear I could be waiting a while. :(

Well, my wife called and said the installer left a message on my machine to call him and set up appointment, he would like to do it tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to call back but I would assume this means equipment is in. That is a good thing. It seems things are picking up with the equipment shortage. I hope everyone else who is waiting gets their equipment soon also. I will of course post to tell y'all how the installation goes, hopefullly tomorrow.

kaw

have a new date

Just called the local. He said he was expecting equip today or tomorrow. He setup a date for next thur 17th (even though he doesnt like to w/o equip). He said he would call me if it doesn't come in.

And it's still going to be close if I have LOS with sat.

oh, and he said a tripod was $50 extra. My apartment complex doesnt allow any modification to structure (drilling, etc). But, you can "put" anything in your balcony. Is the tripod the only way? and the $50 is normal to charge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts