Attention: (Unofficial) There might not be enough equipment for installation?

Don Landis said:
Must depend on how busy your area is and whether your installer had a cancellation with surplus equipment. I was told there are about a hundred ahead of me, locally. That's not good! I was told to call weekly for status, both the installer and VOOM.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Some crazy stuff's going on in the HD world. No one can even find a 921 or HD DirecTivo. E* has shortages with 811. Like you say, it must be where you are. A friend of mine got scheduled and installed in a 7 day span last week. I guess for once, at least in the consumer electronics world, it's good to be in the sticks.

Big installation delay in Sacramento...

I was scheduled for an install today, but Installs Inc. called yesterday and had to reschedule because they said they don't have enough equpiment. The earliest date they gave me was JUNE 21! :eek: They must be hurting for equipment if they're pushing my install out almost a month. I just hope the wait is worth it - glad I signed up before the 31st and still get the special pricing!

hmm a month you say? thats worrying me this is my 2nd reschedule already.2nd appointment was for the 26th now for the 30th only a few days later it better be here sunday or ill have to make a phone call to Voom and think about what i want to do.

Chris

Good news (for me)

I decided to try a different tact.

I called this week to verify my install cancellation due to equipment shortage and it was verified, by both VOOM and the Installer expediter. Today was my original install date. Voom said they expect my equipment to arrive at the installer on June 8th now.

I talked to CSR at VOOM and asked who would I best be able to deal with on a reschedule date. She said I could call VOOM but really the quickest way to do this was to deal directly with the installer. I Called the installer and explained what was needed here and said that I do understand they have equipment shortage. After a bit of conversation, I learned that they often get cancellations at the last minute. So I suggested she put me on her backup call list. Strange they didn't think of doing that but at that suggestion, she put me on the top of the backup call list. Not more than 2 hours later she called me and said she just had a 1 room installation cancellation for Saturday because people were going away for the holiday. She set me up with that time slot and that equipment which is a complete system. So, I'm good to go for this Saturday. How about that?

Maybe some of you who are having equipment shortage issues need to try this approach with your scheduled installer and maybe you can work something out.

Additional information is that they seem to have receivers in stock at MY installer but are short other pieces, She mentioned shortage on remote controls and off air antennas and switches for multiroom systems. Sometimes they have everything for an install but are short a remote for one of the rooms and therefore that multiroom install get's delayed. Policy they have is to not install until they have every piece of equipment ordered. I'm sure these installers must be going bonkers over this.

After reading this thread I decided to call VOOM/Installs Inc to verify my install scheduled for June 3. First I called the VOOM number, selected install. The person I talked to said my equipment had not been shipped yet due to shortages and he could not offer any firm commitments on new install date. So, I called another number which is supposed to be Installs Inc dispatcher. They said they had my stuff and all was set for June 3. They are also supposed to have the local installer call me. We'll see.

Problem is I have 4 different phone numbers for VOOM and Installs Inc. Hopefully the last info is correct. That phone number is 1-800-987-3474.

Can anyone else confirm/provide the best number to call at Installs inc?

babakanoosh said:
After reading this thread I decided to call VOOM/Installs Inc to verify my install scheduled for June 3. First I called the VOOM number, selected install. The person I talked to said my equipment had not been shipped yet due to shortages and he could not offer any firm commitments on new install date. So, I called another number which is supposed to be Installs Inc dispatcher. They said they had my stuff and all was set for June 3. They are also supposed to have the local installer call me. We'll see.

Problem is I have 4 different phone numbers for VOOM and Installs Inc. Hopefully the last info is correct. That phone number is 1-800-987-3474.

Can anyone else confirm/provide the best number to call at Installs inc?
This is a good number for Installs 1-888-443-2306. Remember Installs is the middle man. They setup your install with the local installer.

OOPS! Not so lucky after all

Crave called and said they don't have the equipment for my scheduled install tomorrow. :no Now why would the csr say they're overnighting my extra stb, when they don't have 'em? Oh well....

It did happen. Less than 24 hours after I ordered on-line, my VOOM was installed. The box was defective as it would not read the card. So he went out to the truck and brought in another. I am going to ask for the 24" dish as the 18" doesn't hold picture even in a light rain.

The installer did tell me that today, he just received a fax stating the equipment is now on backorder. So I guess I was very very lucky.

Same here, install date was 06-02-04, VOOM called last night and said they needed to move it to 06-09-04 BUMMER!

From what I can gather, things are VERY backed up or certain places get equipment faster than others, I don't really know. I finally was able to get back in touch with VOOM today and talk to an actual person. I have been trying to find out when my install will be after the previous one was missed because the installer did not have the equipment. I was transferred from VOOM to a lady at Installs Inc., she said they just do not have anything to ship the installers and my equipment has never been shipped because they don't have it to ship. So I guess VOOM is waiting on Motorola to make them, Install's Inc. is waiting on VOOM to get them the receivers, local installers are waiting on Install's to ship it to them for install. It is a bad situation but good since it means more people are signing up than they can handle.

She did tell me that she changed my status or something where I am supposed to get the first equipment available (I think she just said this to make me feel better). I asked if there was any kind of time frame to when they will get equipment to ship. I said "will it be a month" (remember I ordered sometime back in May), she really had to think about it and finally said "maybe not a month", "but it could be". They honestly don't know. So, I will wait and not worry about it. At least now I know it is backed up for who knows how long. Whenever I do get installed I will post how it goes in my "Voom in North Louisiana" thread. Take care,

kaw

I Am A Voom Installer, I Just Received All My Back Orders And Voom Jobs That Are Scheduled In 2 Wks..also Voom Is Not Sending Us The Stealth Antennas Anymore, They Switched To The Winegard Sensar 2 antennas :yes (55 Mile Range +/-) IM SITTING ON ABOUT 15 VOOM RECEIVERS AND SYSTEMS :p ...WE CAN DO YOUR INSTALL IN NJ.....

That's pretty much what my Installs, Inc. installer told me today. He said he just got a large shipment of receivers in this week. He didn't have all the work orders as of today but new he must be going to install quite a few. (cough-cough... 3 of those are mine). He also said he's been installing the amplified Winegard antenna's (assuming those are the Sensar's ???). Anyway... it doesn't appear there is a shortage but I suppose it could depend on the area.

Well that is some good news. Maybe it means things are starting to roll again. I live in Louisiana, but she did say my installer has a big box of receivers that were supposed to come in this week, perhaps they are on their way sooner rather than later. Hopefully sometime this month I will be able to enjoy HDTV with everyone else.

kaw

sat.installs said:
I Am A Voom Installer, I Just Received All My Back Orders And Voom Jobs That Are Scheduled In 2 Wks..also Voom Is Not Sending Us The Stealth Antennas Anymore, They Switched To The Winegard Sensar 2 antennas :yes (55 Mile Range +/-) IM SITTING ON ABOUT 15 VOOM RECEIVERS AND SYSTEMS :p ...WE CAN DO YOUR INSTALL IN NJ.....

Good news about the receivers. As for the Sensar 2... it looks like its simular to the Stealth. Both are rated Dark Green. Is it model GS-2000A? These look like the same antenna that DirecTV is using with their HD antenna installs.

-John

I just got a call, at 2:11PMCST on 06/04/04 from Brant at Adant in Gurnee Illinois. He said they have no equipment and have therefore cancelled my install. He siad I need to call Voom to set it up again and find out what is going on. He also said they had to cancel about 70 other installs over the next 2 days.

This is ridiclious! I have been on hold with Voom for over 20 mins an no one has answered the line yet.

IamtheMp3God said:
I just got a call, at 2:11PMCST on 06/04/04 from Brant at Adant in Gurnee Illinois. He said they have no equipment and have therefore cancelled my install. He siad I need to call Voom to set it up again and find out what is going on. He also said they had to cancel about 70 other installs over the next 2 days.

This is ridiclious! I have been on hold with Voom for over 20 mins an no one has answered the line yet.

Wow, 70 installs cancelled? That's rough. Hang in there, sounds like other installers are getting their shipments in now. Adant installed my Voom equipment a couple months ago and the 2 guys they sent out were pretty goodto work with.

IamtheMp3God said:

Adant has me scheduled for Jun 10th. I haven't heard from them yet. Just curious where are you located? I am in Chicago just west of Midway Aprt. I spoke with Eddie from Adant about a week ago. At that time he said that I am confirmed but that was last week.

I can't see why your are to call Voom. Adant or Installs Inc. should be responsible to order the equipment. Once you call Voom and subscribe they sent the work order to Installs. Installs then contact the local installer.

I agree, VOOM can't help you with re-scheduling your install, that much I know. All they do is call Installs, who tells you they have no equipment to send out and they don't know when it may get sent to the installers (could be tomorrow could be next month?). I am pretty confused now, but I do think based on the earlier posts some people are getting equipment sent to them, it is just going to take awhile for some unlucky folks such as myself. Personally, like I mentioned before, I have stopped being worried about it and am just sitting around waiting for the installer to leave me a message with a new date. I told them it will have to be after five or on the weekend whenever they do come because I am not taking off again.

kaw

To me this sounds like more of os supply chain management issue. I have a brother in that field and he describes the symptoms of theing you are experiencing.
I read about people still getting boxes with the the old software when all the new boxes have the newest software preloaded. It sounds as if certain parts of the country are undersupplied while other parts have an abundance.
Add in the new distribution deals VOOM recently struck with O'Rourke and BAM theres your problem. Inventory is being re-routed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts