Attention: (Unofficial) There might not be enough equipment for installation?

jeremys said:
Just called the local. He said he was expecting equip today or tomorrow. He setup a date for next thur 17th (even though he doesnt like to w/o equip). He said he would call me if it doesn't come in.

And it's still going to be close if I have LOS with sat.

oh, and he said a tripod was $50 extra. My apartment complex doesnt allow any modification to structure (drilling, etc). But, you can "put" anything in your balcony. Is the tripod the only way? and the $50 is normal to charge?

50.00 dollars is the norm for a tripod

Ilya said:
Welcome, spenn!
So, was the installer finally able to find the bird?

Yes. The second installer came out today and discovered the problem in 30 seconds. Seems there was an attenuator attached to the cable feed coming in from my basement (same feed previously used for cable). He removed it and VOILA, I was getting a signal. I do recall that when I got my new HD box when I upgraded to HDTV from Comcast the cable guy told me my signal was too hot and he turned it down. Now I thought he had the signal turned down at the source. He apparently was the one who put this thing on the cable and the Voom installer missed it. Pretty simple.

But the story doesn't end there. So I finally found the bird and got activated but NO SOUND! We moved the digital coax around and swapped the DVD for the TV cables and nothing. Then we hooked up the RCA analog cables and I got sound. Based on this , the Voom installer said the box was fine, my digital inputs must be bad on my AVR. I was thinking the digital audio output on the box was bad. I have a brand new Denon 3803 and I assured him that was not the problem. I doubled checked all my digital audio in assignments and they were all properly assigned. couldn't figure it. Voom guy had to split, so I told I would figure it out and if not call him back to the house. I went to RipShack and got a Toslink cable just to double check those audio connections. Worked fine on my DVD player, but still not with my STB. So all the inputs on my AVR were fine; the cables (both coax and optical) were fine. What's the deal!!!>>???

Well, to make a long story short, I opened up the flap that houses the red button ~ the only damn thing I hadn't touched. I cycled through the resolution choices and then BLAMMO pure digital sound came pouring out of my Paradigms. I guess that little red button is the cure for a lot of things. I dunno. All seems well now and I'm back at work. So when I get home, I pray that when I turn the HT system on, all is a go for both my ears and eyes. And so it seems that for now, I am indeed VaVa Vooming!!!!! Finally.

called installer today to find out if we are still "on".
He said he got equip and will be at my place this thur for install. (san diego)

pray I have LOS! it's going to be close..

My installer had to cancel my first install appointment on 6/09/04 due to lack of equipment. I had rescheduled the appointment for today (6/19/04). THe installers called yesterday and verified the appointment and said they had just received the new equipment from Voom. So, you Phoenix, AZ area guys should be able to get your installs done now.

So, I'm wondering if I'll get the new oval dish in the process since this is a new batch of equipment? I'll find out in a few hours.

Update.. Installer arrived, finished the installation with no problems. Turned out real nice. I received the smaller dish w/ single LNB, but it works fine. All equipment was new and in the box. It looks like the equipment shortage in the Phoenix area isnt a problem now.

Voom Motorola Boxes and their Lucky homes !

:) I was told that only a very few select individuals were given the remote possibility of accually ordering a second ird or Voom Box . And after waiting for a vey long time I was granted my second box akin to winning the lottery

But what Voom doesn't tell you is that if you hook your second Voom box to a Component SD TV , your SD component TV looks closer to HD than to 480I

But don't tell anyone, if too many Voom Customers find out this fact there will be more of a shorage than the one that already exists.

Voom has not equal !!! :p

Voomster

I'm guessing that since my installer moved my date up to July 8th from Voom's schedule of July 12th that equipment is abundant now.

I believe I will have LOS. I do have some trees in that direction but I believe the satellite is over them. I'm really hoping anyway. Is it as simple as taking a compass out and looking for the 61.5 location? Wouldn't that put me at ENE? How does that work? sorry for the questions but I'm new at locating satellites.

Neutron said:
I'm guessing that since my installer moved my date up to July 8th from Voom's schedule of July 12th that equipment is abundant now.

I believe I will have LOS. I do have some trees in that direction but I believe the satellite is over them. I'm really hoping anyway. Is it as simple as taking a compass out and looking for the 61.5 location? Wouldn't that put me at ENE? How does that work? sorry for the questions but I'm new at locating satellites.
The 61.5 is degrees of longitude not an azimuth on a compass. This satellite slot is typically SSE from the U.S. Try this site, just use the Echostar satellite @ 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)