Audio Blips. Does anyone else get these? Like every once in a while seems to drop a word or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
This is not real bad but something you do notice. Again , seems to be on the damn Fox station and NBC in DC area. Seems like more issues with local channels vs all other stations.

I do, I notice it on all channels though. Weird thing is, I only notice on my HR24 in my living room. Same receiver in all 3 rooms but the one in the living room is the only one I hear do it

I hear it every now and then, especially on programs that are recorded from Showtime HD East.

I don't get blips I get total audio drops....just goes silent without warning. I have to change channels or rewind, very aggravating...happens on almost all channels.

rkr0923 said:
I don't get blips I get total audio drops....just goes silent without warning. I have to change channels or rewind, very aggravating...happens on almost all channels.

Yeah. That too :)

This has been an ongoing problem for some time. There is a long thread about it at DBSTalk.com. In my case, I notice it mostly on HD channels and it can come and go. Sometimes it gets go bad that the channel is hardly watchable, and then sometimes I don't notice it for a few days and wonder if it might be fixed, but then eventually it comes back again. Frankly, I wonder why we don't hear more complaints about this. People shouldn't have to pay their good money only to get this.

Last edited:
This has been an ongoing problem for some time. There is a long thread about it at DBSTalk.com. In my case, I notice it mostly on HD channels and it can come and go. Sometimes it gets go bad that the channel is hardly watchable, and then sometimes I don't notice it for a few days and wonder if it might be fixed, but then eventually it comes back again. Frankly, I wonder why we don't hear more complaints about this. People shouldn't have to pay their good money only to get this.

Apparently it's not happening with everyone ...

Have they determined if it's a particular recvr/model or if it's only HD vs SD as well.
Is it something coming off a particular sat/transponder ?

Locals or National channels on Sat...

Theres a lot to determine to get to the bottom of it.

Are these instances all on the same type set up ?
Are people finding it happening on systems with AV recvrs connecteor just the recvr and TV ?

I got audio blips often when I used the audio from the HDMI on my HR24-500 to my Denon receiver. I reconfigured things and now I use the digital coax audio to test and see if the audio dropouts would go away. They did. I would try using the digital coax audio.

I get it all the time on some channels, the one I can remember is Palladia. This is on the HR24-100 in the living room. I swapped the HR24-500 to this location and the same thing. I connect it directly to the TV using HDMI, the same audio drop outs. If I change the audio settings on the receiver to Stereo, the audio drop outs stop. We all got used to it by now but it's very annoying and it's been there since day one.

ejb1980 said:
I got audio blips often when I used the audio from the HDMI on my HR24-500 to my Denon receiver. I reconfigured things and now I use the digital coax audio to test and see if the audio dropouts would go away. They did. I would try using the digital coax audio.

Digital Coax Audio? Can I get an assist on that? I guess what your saying is good old coax cable vs HDMI?

Digital Coax Audio? Can I get an assist on that? I guess what your saying is good old coax cable vs HDMI?

NO / or not really; The term coaxial or coax for short, simply comes from the design; an inner conductor and the outer shield sharing the same geometric axis. It is not the cable connection type. RCAs, Components, F-type (what most people think of as "coax"), Digital Coaxial Audio, BNC, N-type and SMA are all types of coax cables (a very small list at that).

(other digital audio options.) CLICK

3ft High-quality Digital Coaxial / Subwoofer Audio: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=2681&seq=1&format=2

3ft Optical Toslink Digital Audio Cable: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10229&cs_id=1022901&p_id=1447&seq=1&format=2

I use HDMI and get no pops or drops. My buddy gets them with HDMI but not with the TOSLINK going through an A/V unit. I have another buddy that gets it with HDMI going direct to his TV; turning OFF DD solves this as a direct to TV is NOT multi-channel audio. I don't think this is anything more than a hardware compatibility issue.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)