Audio Drop-outs on DiscoveryHD tonight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

soledade

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
San Diego
Anyone else seeing major audio dropouts on Discovery tonight?

They come and go in spurts about every 10 minutes. When they start you get lots of them at once.

My signal is 91, 93 with power 70 during the dropouts.

Carlos

Yes, it's all messed up...

The Disc Channel PQ looks good to me today.. FYI I had audio dropouts with DirecTV on this channel...so I guess not unique to Voom?

I'm seeing a big degredation in PQ again. When I first had Voom installed in mid March it was fantastic. The PQ has varied since then and to me it's soft again. I would really like to hear something from Voom as to what they are doing to fix the PQ for good. I can live with the bugs in the receiver but I'm not paying $95.99/month to watch a picture that right now looks the same as a DVD. I'm paid up until May 11. As that date approaches I will have to make a hard decision as to if I'm keeping Voom or not.

ram1220 said:
I'm seeing a big degredation in PQ again. When I first had Voom installed in mid March it was fantastic. The PQ has varied since then and to me it's soft again. I would really like to hear something from Voom as to what they are doing to fix the PQ for good. I can live with the bugs in the receiver but I'm not paying $95.99/month to watch a picture that right now looks the same as a DVD. I'm paid up until May 11. As that date approaches I will have to make a hard decision as to if I'm keeping Voom or not.
My guess is that if you are expecting any return to the former pq "glory" that all of us early adopters remember, it will be quite a while before anything is noticed-just a guess, but "encoder" upgrades have been used as the reason/excuse for months now with no completion date in sight-(sigh)
Just a guess, but I believe pq "issues" will be present until MPEG conversion takes place-just something us early adopters will have to live with-no return to former pq anywhere in sight!-o.k. where's that post that says something like"pq looks awesome or super stupendous/(insert your own adjectives here_ to me" or something similar? come on, where is it?-oh there it is!LMAO

PQ looks awesome, super stupendous on Discovery today. The criticism of how it still doesnt look like it did for the early adopters reminds me of a father telling his son how he walked up hill to school everyday in the rain...... bothways. LMAO

vurbano said:
PQ looks awesome, super stupendous on Discovery today. The criticism of how it still doesnt look like it did for the early adopters reminds me of a father telling his son how he walked up hill to school everyday in the rain...... bothways. LMAO
settling is nice vurb-easier that way-glad your pq is stuper supendous-or is that supersillious-oh well, I give up-enjoy-I sure will on a much crisper and detailed D* feed!

I just knew Vurb would be the one to take the bait-GOTCHA-LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts