Audio drop outs

Do you mean like suddenly it goes silent for 4 or 5 seconds and then comes back... or suddenly it goes silent for 4 or 5 seconds followed by video pixelation?

Sometimes for me it goes silent right after the last ad and the program is silent until I change channels. For sure it isn't the tv. Has happened with both old and new tv.

In the west. Had it happen to me a couple of times over the weekend (722k). However, when I went back 5 seconds, the same clip played with sound. I thought it was my TV, but I've never had this issue with other devices connected to the TV.

Possibly on a related note, some of my DVR recordings start off with no picture/sound for 10-15 seconds. I also recently connected my external drive, and it takes roughly 1 minute to transfer every 10 minutes of programming (an hour-long show takes 6 minutes... pretty slow). I'm not sure if the box is faulty, or this is expected behavior.

We've been seeing audio and video dropouts on our VIP722, usually from the San Francisco Fox affiliate. Saw it during the Super Bowl, the Glee that followed it, and from Bones that recorded last week. The symptoms are audio dropout and partial-screen video pixillation. Total length of the event is usually about 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Tons of dropouts on SyFy tonight.

Come on guys, if you can't figure it out, just reboot the system and see if it goes away, it can't hurt :D

I have been basically snowed in for the last week and a half, so the tv has been on a lot and I haven't noticed any audio dropouts in the past week. I was seeing them pretty regularly there for a while

Tried watching V with my oldest daughter last night and the drop outs were long at times and throughout the entire show. It is getting worse. I have it on my 622 EA, didn't notice it yet my 722s.

Drop outs on the Grammys OTA.... 32.1 922

Edit: time shifting 30 minutes in to the program.

Last edited:
Yes many drop outs on the Grammys. Wondering if it is a CBS problem, and/or done on purpose for FCC regs.. If someone was watching directly from their antenna not through a dish box it would help to determine...

Thanks Matt. If they are also on Direct TV, it may be a CBS problem in this case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts