Audio drop outs

Got an email into the Audio-Video quality folks at E* about this issue. It's very random. Some days it's really bad (like today), and other days, it's not near as bad. They replied and said they have an open ticket on this issue. That was about 3 weeks ago. After getting drop-outs today, 5 in 2 hours on movies on HBO channels, I emailed them again. The audio drops don't last long, but they're very annoying. They really need to fix this issue.

I know this has been an issue for quite some time but my 722 has gotten a lot worse with the audio dropping out, it has been happening every 2-3 mins on ESPN HD since yesterday. I don't think it matters which channel I am on or if the event is recorded or live. Anyone else noticing this lately?? It is really annoying and hard to watch a show when the audio drops out for 5-6 secs.

Hmmm, my service has actually gotten better lately. The dropouts are only momentary now instead of seconds, and I don't think there's as many of them. (622, Eastern Arc)

I also have a 722 and EA this has been aproblem for quite sometime now and still continues, the only fix I have found is changing channels and coming back restores the sound.

. . . After getting drop-outs today, 5 in 2 hours on movies on HBO channels . . .
I just started getting drop outs on premiums this week. Also my over all output via RCA and Optical is 10db lower. What I have found is that VOD (Spartacus Season 1) via DSL is just plain breathtaking. So I know that it is possible to get a fantastic picture and great audio from a 722.

SandFarmer said:
I just started getting drop outs on premiums this week. Also my over all output via RCA and Optical is 10db lower. What I have found is that VOD (Spartacus Season 1) via DSL is just plain breathtaking. So I know that it is possible to get a fantastic picture and great audio from a 722.

I have had these dropouts for months on various channels. You would think they could fix it.

It's as bad as ever for us... 622, HDMI, WA (I assume, since I'm in California), Network shows as well as Discovery, Science, etc. Didn't notice when watching an SD channel (Oxygen).

Any hope of getting this fixed?

I'm making another push regarding this. It's hard because there is no pattern that we've been able to see (I guess I have to go into the test room and watch TV the rest of the night to look for a pattern ;)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)