Autotune?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I have two HR 21 HD receivers both have the same problems with autotune feature. If you auto tune a future tv show then turn off your box it and wait till show comes on it will just black screen, you have to type a channel number to get it working again to see a picture. Also if you leave the box on it will auto tune that channel with no problem? Does any one have this same problem? I did not have the same problem with the SD receivers.

Dan Rose

The HR21 DVR doesn't have an autotune feature!

The H21 does. Have you tried to reset the receiver?
Not sure how as I don't have a non-DVR receiver.

Sorry about that H21 models I meant. They are just HD receivers no DVR feature. I have reset the receivers no luck still does the same thing.

Dan Rose

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the dish/LNB in that with the receiver off and when it turns on to autotune the dish doesn't get the correct signals.
What dish/LNB do you have?
Is it SWM or non-SWM?

I have an H23-600 and have the exact same problem. I auto tuned Fox & Friends for 6:00 am every night, but when I get up and turn on my tv, it's just a black screen that I can't channel up or down. I have to punch in the channel 360 with my remote to go to it.

I don't have this issue with my H24.

I don't know of a fix for it as I have not heard of this issue yet.
I would guess it to not be a problem with dish, alignment, cabling, mutiswithch or any other physical component of the system.
I would guess it to be more of a software issue in the receiver.

I do not know if it will fix the issue but my first step would be a software download.

Hit the red reset button and on the "Hello" screen type in 0 2 4 6 8 (do it kind of slowly).

You should see it doing a software download.

Signal strengh is at around 80% and no external switch just two feeds out of 4 from the slimline LNB.

Dan Rose

80% where?

You are reading at least 3 sats with several transponders.

Assuming that it is 80% on transponder 1 of the 101, that is a huge problem.

Don't know if it is related to the issue you originally posted about but it is still an issue.

Around 50% to 70% on the 101 satellite transponders and around 30% to 50% on 103 and 99 satellite transponders. I am also away from my receivers so I don't what they are right now at this time.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)