AZ Elite factory reset problem??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
Howdy all..I have a Premium Plus that is working just fine with the late issue 4923 firmware... I have this Elite that I bought long before and was using it with the original firmware as a great player, inputting data from blindscans on other units..So Yesterday I was setting up another TV in another room and decided to pull out the Elite and use it... All was well, and I loaded the 4923 bin into it, and it loaded fine, all the new features were there, I went through everything and it looked and reacted real good...Then I found that it was not working with the Diseqc switch properly, not recognizing anything except for the #1 out on the switch...I brought the Premium Plus up and hooked it up, and the Diseqc was working fine, no problem..So I was thinking this must be a software issue, so I decided to do a Factory REset...I went through the dance but the set just froze up and is giving a bunch of weird data on the front panel, and not booting into the factory reset at all...
I left it on all night, and it's the same as it was...
So, I am reading above at AcWxRadars software loading thread, and I am wondering if that is the standard on these boxes to factory reset? does one need to have the original factory bin on usb and reboot the machine as per those instructions??? or is the Elite supposed to factory reset without any glitches??
I am going with the usb and renamed to "patch" bin method, and see what happens, but i am wondering if this is the only way to do this, or did the Elite malfunction...????
Thanks for your suggestions, HB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)