Azbox remote problem

plumberguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Hi
I have an Azbox premium for about 2 month now and have not played with it much.
when I first hooked it up it worked fine. but after 20min. the remote has to be about 3 ft. from box talk about a pain.

I put a fan blowing on box to see if maybe it's getting hot but no change.

I have killed the power for box for 12 hr. and sometimes it will work great 15-20 ft. away. BUT NOT ALL THE TIME Today still have to hold 3ft.

I have not used the box yet for my tv yet because of this pain in the ass problem.
It sit on a table hooked up to a 13" TV.

YES I HAVE CHANGED THE BATTERIES

I bought it from Azbox USA I tried to email them after I got the box with the problem but not answer.

Anyone else have this problem or can help

Thanks

its likely your remote has gone bad or is defective and needs to be replaced.

I had remotes with a weak signal in the past with my sonicview. Someone suggested that turning the batteries around would reset the remote, and it did!

My Az remote works fine so I can not speak about it working with yours, but it might!

Edit:
I reread and saw that your universal doesn't work either. These azboxs get banged up pretty good during shipping, and many have reported loose cables and such. Perhaps you need to open up the box and make sure that your IR receiver is clear to be seen by the remote.

Thanks Putney

But the funny thing is it works good when I first turn it on SOMETIMES from no power.
After 20 min or less back to 3 Ft

It is a chance a wire could be loose so I might try to open and check around.

Thanks

AZbox won't play .avi movie files?

Can AZBOX play files from NFS or SMB share?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)