Bad LNBF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1beertap

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
OBX, North Carolina, USA
Is it possible to lose the signal quality since the dish hasn't moved? I'm beginning to suspect the LNBF. The quality has degraded on all birds I can receive and I have lost the reception of a few birds entirely. Again, the dish angles have not changed.

I forgot to mention that my LNBF is a DMX741 (C/KU). I changed it with a DMX241 (C only) but the signal quality was not as good as DMX741. Currently, DMX741 is now back in place.

some other things to look at:

Besides LNBF, maybe . . .
- coax
- connectors
- receiver
- diseqc switch
- (centering the LNBF in the scalar hole)

I see what looks like a Birdview scalar/LNBF in your avatar.
If properly installed, it's unlikely that dish moved - they're pretty stiff.
(if some other dish, all bets are off!) - ;)
However, could your motor controller have you a few degrees too far east or west along the arc?
From the little info you supplied, the symptoms look a lot like an aiming problem.

Since the the problem exists with both LNBFs in place, what other info can we think about?

Is it on all satellites?

Any recent tree leaves growing blocking the line of sight?

Is the mast still plumb? Any recent heavy winds or storms?

I have checked the coax and receiver voltage. At the receiver end, Horizontal = 19.34VDC and Vertical = 14.31VDC. At the LNBF end, the same voltage. So, there is no voltage loss in coax. When switching from C to Ku band, the 22k switching is detected by the satfinder via LED on the inline device. Also, I have re-checked the angles on the dish and have found them to be exactly where I set them. A few Satellites I am having problems with are Star One C2 and all Galaxy birds except Galaxy17 and Galaxy13/Horizons1 and a few others. While on Ku band, I noticed that I had the same problem as C band. A low signal quality. Now, I am thinking the dish needs alignment, but how, since I was able to receive the sats listed above up until the 4th. I understand that some TPs change and go off-line from time to time but not all of them from a single satellite. Lastly, I use a Gbox to manually move the dish from sat to sat. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)