OTHER Basic DVB-S/S2 Receiver

I had to enter the TP manually but I have the KRBK MUX on 99W in loud and clear!!!
:everybodydance

I have a lot of switches and lnbfs to replace this weekend due to a lightning strike before I can pass judgement on Heroes, Decades and Movies on 101W.

I do like the preview when selecting favorites like the Micro HD.
The problem is, I don't know how to select a favorite, there is no gray colored button.
EDIT: Found out how to FAV, using the FAV button, imagine that.

Last edited:
Reactions: FTA4PA

I am also not seeing any possible legal use for the wifi capability.

On each satellite the LNB voltage can be set to Auto, H, V, or off. So presumably it is possible to blind scan just one polarization, but I didn’t check to see if this worked.

Yes, the the blindscan of a single polarization works, I tried H and V independently.

I was hoping but, the front panel LEDs do not display the time, only channel.

I also do not see any way to safely remove the USB stick without powering down first.

I got all the parts in the list I posted earlier replaced, except I found out that I did not blow 1 Amiko Mini HD SE, I blew two! Down to my last Amiko, 2 Micro HDs and now two Fresat v7s.

Any how I scanned in all 8 LNB/Fs connected to my system with the Freesat and all went well, KRBK Mux, 101W C Movies and Decades, but no Heroes.

I will have to go back over this thread and figure out that last channel, change the SID etc....
Gotta have Combat! 12 Oclock High etc... Once I get this last channel, the loss of 2 Amikos will not be as harsh.

So far I haven't needed to change the sids on the 3 problematic channels on 101w, it just works. For Heroes, just manually add 3953 V 2734 and hit the blue button to scan it. That hopefully will work.

So far I haven't needed to change the sids on the 3 problematic channels on 101w, it just works. For Heroes, just manually add 3953 V 2734 and hit the blue button to scan it. That hopefully will work.

The signal bounces around and goes to zero a lot on 3953 V 2734 and wont scan in.

Also how is the Bounce, Grit, Escape Mux playing for others on 97W C, I have excellent Q but most of the channels are stuttering for me even after getting all my powered multiswitches hooked up.

The signal bounces around and goes to zero a lot on 3953 V 2734 and wont scan in.

Also how is the Bounce, Grit, Escape Mux playing for others on 97W C, I have excellent Q but most of the channels are stuttering for me even after getting all my powered multiswitches hooked up.
I've not noticed any issues with those channels. 8' dish with A3...

No stutter on any channels on my V7 and all 101w channels blind scan.

fred555, The stutter is likely caused by the STB resolution setting. Many STBs stutter if resolution is auto or to a setting that the service or TV doesn't like. If the resolution is set to auto, change to 720/60hz, 1080i/60hz, 1080p/60hz.

What LNB(f) are you using?

Reactions: fred555
No stutter on any channels on my V7 and all 101w channels blind scan.

fred555, The stutter is likely caused by the STB resolution setting. Many STBs stutter if resolution is auto or to a setting that the service or TV doesn't like. If the resolution is set to auto, change to 720/60hz, 1080i/60hz, 1080p/60hz.

What LNB(f) are you using?

The stutter is on 97W C and only on some of the Grit mux channels.
The TV is a CRT model with RCA input. Res changes don't make a difference.
I will try it tomorrow on one of them new fangled flat TVs.

Now that I think about it, the LNBF I am currently using on 97W is a C2WPLL "lightning survivor."
When assessing damages a few weeks ago, I got signal and picture during a real quick test and called it good. Out of 4 C2WPLLs I currently have in use, I thought I had one survive, I guess not.
It was a massive strike.

I will replace it with a brand new C2WPLL tomorrow and try it again, Thanks Brian!

I did edit the channels in the editor for the Grit Mux and made the SIDs 999, 998, 997 etc. so they will not rename during a rescan. I don't think that would matter.

Reactions: KE4EST
I got all the parts in the list I posted earlier replaced, except I found out that I did not blow 1 Amiko Mini HD SE, I blew two! Down to my last Amiko, 2 Micro HDs and now two Fresat v7s.

Any how I scanned in all 8 LNB/Fs connected to my system with the Freesat and all went well, KRBK Mux, 101W C Movies and Decades, but no Heroes.

I will have to go back over this thread and figure out that last channel, change the SID etc....
Gotta have Combat! 12 Oclock High etc... Once I get this last channel, the loss of 2 Amikos will not be as harsh.
What happened to your Amiko Mini HD SE 's ?

Have had 1 here a year or 2. did not like the menu's. thus not used it much at all.
but as i down Size... find it working so well that I need to over look my hate for function lol

Reactions: fred555
What happened to your Amiko Mini HD SE 's ?

Have had 1 here a year or 2. did not like the menu's. thus not used it much at all.
but as i down Size... find it working so well that I need to over look my hate for function lol

Lightning. Also took out 4 Titanium C2WPLLs, various Ku lnbfs, 4 Chieta diseqs and 4 Zinwell SAM-4803 powered multiswitches. Just got it all put back together today.

Reactions: madmadworld

I have a steady signal, 85% on all 3 channels on 101w.

On 97w I'm also getting some audio stuttering on some, but not all of the channels on the Grit mux. And I'm also using the analog audio out (into headphones). Can't try the HDMI output right now without waking up the rest of the family. I'll try in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)