OTHER Basic DVB-S/S2 Receiver

OK, I'm also getting the audio stutter on the monitor hooked to the HDMI port.

Another annoying thing. I deleted all the transponders on one satellite, then did a new blind scan. This moved the satellite to the bottom of the satellite list. I like to keep the satellites in order by longitude, but this isn't proving possible. Anyone have a solution?

OK, I'm also getting the audio stutter on the monitor hooked to the HDMI port.

Another annoying thing. I deleted all the transponders on one satellite, then did a new blind scan. This moved the satellite to the bottom of the satellite list. I like to keep the satellites in order by longitude, but this isn't proving possible. Anyone have a solution?

Did you try rearranging them in the DB editor?

What firmware version, I am at v2.23.80.273 6/6/2016. HW version 2.1.0
I have another still in the box with older firmware I can hookup to see if that one stutters.

Yes, I rearranged the satellite order with the DB editor and they are that way in the Satellite Installation menu. But the list that comes up when hitting the Sat button is different and moves satellites around as I delete and rescan for transponders.

I'm using FW v2.21.67.251 19/05/2016 HW is v2.1.0

The stutter for me is mainly on Grit Buzzr and Laff. I get Grit OTA and the other two I don't watch much.
The addition of KRBK and the Channels on 101W are enough for me to go ahead and keep using the
two Freesats I have now and order two more.

I like having all my household receivers the same to be able to clone the channel lists among them all.
Saves a lot of time and keeps the channel lists standard among them for familiarity purposes.

I too have seen some audio stutter which at the time I thought might be signal related but in retrospect I don't think it was.

I was looking at one of these, looked like it is about as basic as it gets nowadays:

Any thoughts?
View attachment 117346
I am wondering about this unit too. Have heard comments from works great once you manually enter US satellites to runs extremely hot and fails after just a few weeks or days even. Am looking at a Dripstone 301 althouigh I've heard little to no information about how the unit works here. Kinda' reminds me in looks to the Amiko Micro

The stutter for me is mainly on Grit Buzzr and Laff. I get Grit OTA and the other two I don't watch much.
The addition of KRBK and the Channels on 101W are enough for me to go ahead and keep using the
two Freesats I have now and order two more.

I like having all my household receivers the same to be able to clone the channel lists among them all.
Saves a lot of time and keeps the channel lists standard among them for familiarity purposes.

I hooked up the V7 again and see this too on the same 97w channels. It did a good blind scan and got about everything, including the 4:2:2 CBS feeds with clear audio but no video. CW Feeds look really nice, too!

I bought mine for a cheap solution to receive 16apsk feeds for which it has worked fine. It would be nice if the audio stutter could be corrected via firmware but it would require someone communicating with Freesat.

Joined the frenzy........I ordered from China as some of us here did. I'm expecting it in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: KE4EST
Ordered one today from China. Looking forward to playing with it. Two different dealers at the same price point. One shipped E-packet with a delivery date before the end of July. The other shipped "Economy" with a delivery date before the end of August. Duh, no brainer there. :)

Ordered one today from China. Looking forward to playing with it. Two different dealers at the same price point. One shipped E-packet with a delivery date before the end of July. The other shipped "Economy" with a delivery date before the end of August. Duh, no brainer there. :)

Get it here in two days, Prime:

Amazon product ASIN B01GP5SMH6

The trouble with old ali over there is your money is Gone right after the sale not much recourse.
doesn't stop me from buying but was sold a $45 tuner for some unit not the one listed I had AZ P+.
bye by $45 lesson learned.

Not sure I understand what you're talking about. I bought mine off Ebay and paid via Paypal so the sale is protected.
Sorry brain dead me. thought you bought from ali. duh

But yet it will cost you $$ close to cost my guess to send back. amazon provides a free return label. well to me they do. not a prime member. well worth $3 .....maybe ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts