Batteries DSR 922 920

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desertnight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Up in the sky, out of the way
I just recently purchased a DSR922 and a DSR920 from a local satellite dealer at a very reasonable price. These units had been sitting on his shelf for quite awhile. (He only installs the Dish Network now).

I understand there are 2 batteries in each of the DSR's. One battery in the module and one battery on the main board of the receiver. Is that correct?

Assuming that each unit has two batteries, does the battery in the module recharge itself when the receiver is plugged back in?

Does the battery on the main board of the receiver recharge itself when the receiver is plugged back in?

I appreciate the responses, as always. :)

I understand there are 2 batteries in each of the DSR's. One battery in the module and one battery on the main board of the receiver. Is that correct?
Correct, I believe VCII channels are no longer offered, so no need to fix module.
Does the battery on the main board of the receiver recharge itself when the receiver is plugged back in?
No, once battery is dead, unit is shot. You can use a volt meter and check the battery, should be about 3.5 volts. The battery seems to last about 10 years.

more info...
DSR-920 Battery Replacement Instructions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)