BB@ Home disc By Mail Ending September 19th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well as the service wraps up in about a month maybe we should now look back at our favorite memories of the service, the highlights as you will :popcorn

Or maybe memories you thought you would have but didn't :)

My fondest memory of the service is that it has saved me $8/mo since I cancelled the disc-by-mail side of my Netflix account once it started. I will miss the "free" aspect, but otherwise I am looking forward to the reliability of Netflix's distribution.

Well, it would suck. It would leave Netflix, and then if their dvd by mail goes...we're stuck with being limited by the limitations of streaming and the limitations of Redbox for renting.

"Hey, I'm wanting to see [movie]! Let's rent it!
"OK, let me check Redbox" Not there
ok...let me check if it's streaming - nope, not streaming anywhere
Hmm...video rental stores gone the way of the dinosaur and no more dvd by mail rentals. We're out of luck...guess we'll have to buy it or look for it cheap on ebay."

This could help NetFlix. With BB@H out of the way, those who really want disc by mail may sign up with NetFlix for both services (disc by mail & streaming). Dish subs already know what's On Demand has to offer, so seeing what NF has to offer plus the disc by mail, might be enough to get more subs signed up with NF.

BTW: What free streaming do we (Dish Subs) have?
?Ghpr13:)

Netflix is pretty fast. But with one out at a time, there is no way in hell you will get to see the remaining 16 disks in a month. Unless you have a friendly neighbor, such as myself. ;)

Don't you have to sign up from both streaming and disc by mail, if you want NF dish by mail? I didn't think NF offer the disc by mail separately.
?Ghpr13:)

I have a 3D TV. I don't think that Netflix has 3d movies in their disc by mail service. I found three online services that specialize in 3D Blu-ray rentals: 3D Bluray Rental( $15.99), 3Dparty.org( $17.99) and 3D By Mail( $25 ). They all seem expensive. Does anyone have any experience with these or know of any others? I also heard that VUDU has a lot of 3Ds in their streaming service. Anyone have experience with this VUDU service?

I've used Vudu a bit and am happy with their service. But they only have a relative few 3D offerings.

For info I'm on 6Mb DSL for internet.
?

One minimum they should offer is to migrate the que to the blockbuster.com mail service for those few who have several local blockbuster stores and get value out of the disc program.

Who knows, after seeing all the Stargate stuff, I might have tried a PS3 game if BB@H continued.

Dang it, couldn't they have waited until the end of the year. I have my 31 Movies of October horrorthon coming up and I still have a couple of Poirot seasons to watch.

Dang it, couldn't they have waited until the end of the year. I have my 31 Movies of October horrorthon coming up and I still have a couple of Poirot seasons to watch.
There's still Netflix mail, and Blockbuster mail (proper).

I was thinking of keeping the movie I have at home, like the message suggested, but I'm also thinking that I will drop BB@H and add Multi-Sport+RedZone in a couple of weeks. My question is: If I drop BB@H before Sept. 19, do I have to return the movie, or do I still get to keep it?

The message said to keep your last movie "as a gift", and if you're on the one-out-at-a-time schedule, then not returning your present disc would be keeping your last movie...

I'd like to get and keep the one at the top of my queue, but I'll be surprised if I get it before the 19th...

I think our movie should be coming today. movie for the kids, Wreck it Ralph debating if this is the one we keep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)