Best HD-DVR for for directv? (non hmc media centr)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FearTheVoices

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
NH
Hi

I signed my mom up for directv yesterday to get her off of Comcast and the 10yr old boxes they use around here. She did not want to spring the extra $99 for the home media hd-dvr. Th choices seemed pretty narrow.

HD DVR
TIVO HD DVR

Other than th TiVo service is there any difference?i ended up signing her up for e TiVo one as the me us and such looked better.

Also , she wanted a receiver for the kitchen also so I got a standard box. Are there any smaller boxes they offer or anyway to tie two tv's into one so she can use only the jack in the kitchen and receive channels? I know with all my dish network receivers they can output two separate tvs from one box, I don't see this happening with the directv boxes.

I would have signed her up for dish but the trees are in the way, with directv it's a good line of site

Last edited:
I would have just went with the HDDVR and an HD. The H25's are the smallest box from directv at this point. As for mirroring the tv to the kitchen it can be done but you will be forced to watch what's in the living room in the kitchen at all times.

Thanks, after looking at the specs some more i realize the tivo hd dvr cannot do streaming or 3d. Looks like i will be calling Directv today so they can swap that out for the HD-DVR.

One thing i can say though is that i am impressed with the GUI now on Directv's receivers, they looked ancient and the main reason i never moved over to there service. Now i will have to give it a better look once my moms gets installed :D

Well my mom texted and said they cant install because they need RG6 cable or something along those lines existing in the house in order to isntall. The whole house needed to be rewired I guess? I fish wire all the time since i do HVAC is it usually as easy fishing coax?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts