Best way to remotely control OS MIO 4K?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I've been digging around trying to find an app for my iPhone that will allow me to remotely control my STB from other rooms in my house. Does such a thing exist? I suppose I could purchase a 2nd remote control and a set of IR repeaters, but it would be great if the STB could be controlled over IP.

I'm confused. Why not just bring up the Edision's OpenWebif screen on the browser of your iPhone, and control it that way? I do that with my Android phone. If your phones on the same subnet, it's works perfectly.

I guess I could. It's just a lot of steps, when it'd be easier to tap an app or pick up a remote... Guess I'm lazy :biggrin

Well, yeah, IF you are in front of the Mio, it would be easier to use the remote for some things. I use my browser with OpenWebif for almost everything. Especially setting recordings. I'm ecstatic over the fact that I can NAME recordings ahead of time, versus old receivers. I record nearly everything before watching, so I can zap commercials.

Webif would work better on a 10" tablet than a smartphone because you can see more without squinting and not having to swipe back and forth if you enlarge the display on a smartphone (that swiping back and forth is a real hassle). Having a PC or laptop in every room that has a TV would be beneficial also. There's always the Android TV box, also, but that isn't an easy method either.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Dreamote works great. Found my STB IP immediately.

7F3B145F-D633-412D-9EF5-655716BD51E5.png

ECAFF330-7D8C-4357-AD77-8FE3A758EFD1.png