Big News: DirecTV 12 to take DirecTV 10 load for spotbeam fix attempt

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your acceptance of the DirecTV status quo just feeds into the problem. Being complacent with DirecTV as is and not complaining is what allows DirecTV to not be the HD leader by any stretch, yet say they are. They are missing so many HD channels that are staples of the industry, yet people say they are this cutting edge outfit. Nobody cares about 3D at this point. We are still waiting for a ton of HD channels that just about everybody else has. Seriously, where are the HBO/MAX HD channels? Where is AMC HD? They just don't even bother to carry this stuff. Defenders of DirecTV are like Apple defenders. It doesn't matter how crappy the product or products are, they will defend it until the end.

I would leave DirecTV but isn't that clear cut and easy. You can joke and laugh about people that raise their ire with the company all you want. Some of us make it known when we are unhappy with a company or product and some of us don't. You don't. You just leave. I push for change. Two very different approaches but I'll tell you that the improvements that have been made over the years were not done because of complacency of your type of customer.

It is the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. You can thank people like me that raise the red flag when we are lied to (June 2007 press release) and complain, complain, complain.
My acceptance!? They have the channels i like except for CSN BAY AREA and CSN California and CSN NW!!! I would not mind Nat geo wild and Encore. I love HD that is why i had VOoM, Charter, Dish and Directv!!! I found the one who could satisfy my needs!! I also did not bug and complain to people in a forum who have nothing to do with said providers programing! When i bitch i write the company or and the channels i have the problems with.:up

Your acceptance of the DirecTV status quo just feeds into the problem.

It is the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. You can thank people like me that raise the red flag when we are lied to (June 2007 press release) and complain, complain, complain.
They still get your money every month, don't they?

I've been playing into the same game on the Dish side. I've given E* a pass the last couple years because they had problems with sats that limited their capacity, but since they've launched Ciel2, Nimiq 5, and E*14 and started pushing new HD onto pure Eastern Arc and pure Western Arc setups they are still airing some HD games in SD on the regional sports nets. In fact, to add insult they added a full transponder of capacity on each arc and promptly filled it with HD PPV.

Dish went through a number of quarters of losing subscribers when DirecTV had the big push on HD channel additions. D* has NFL Sunday Ticket locked up, they've bid MLB Extra Innings beyond what Dish can afford -- so Dish has instead focused on adding movie channels like gangbusters to try and win subscribers back. Now these providers have made their choices, because they each know that a war solely based on price benefits neither company -- so they are differentiating based on which market segment they are targeting.

I've been hoping for HD parity between the providers for years, and I think we're still years away from that being a reality. Gotta pick whoever gives you the most of what you want, because if your current provider isn't offering it they're not going to for a long time.

My acceptance!? They have the channels i like except for CSN BAY AREA and CSN California and CSN NW!!! I would not mind Nat geo wild and Encore. I love HD that is why i had VOoM, Charter, Dish and Directv!!! I found the one who could satisfy my needs!! I also did not bug and complain to people in a forum who have nothing to do with said providers programing! When i bitch i write the company or and the channels i have the problems with.:up

It is my understanding that we are not only on a satellite industry forum but a specific thread discussing DirecTV. I I think I have every right to vent here. As far as making myself heard to the company, you bet I have done that. But I also discuss these complaints and compliments of the company on sites like these. Why not? Should we only lick the companies arse here?

For your information, Encore is one of the channels they are scheduled to add in HD.The channels I have complained about are not scheduled to be added, at least not publicly. They are adding HBO2 HD east and HBO Zone HD east. With the additional capacity it is foolish that they are not adding more of the HBO multichannes. HBO/MAX makes available all 26 multichannels in HD. At the end of the summer they will apparently only carry 6 of them. HBO E/W HD (2), HBO2 E HD (1), HBO zone E HD (1), and Max E/W HD (2). Comoe on now. That is garbage!

It is my understanding that we are not only on a satellite industry forum but a specific thread discussing DirecTV. I I think I have every right to vent here. As far as making myself heard to the company, you bet I have done that. But I also discuss these complaints and compliments of the company on sites like these. Why not? Should we only lick the companies arse here?

For your information, Encore is one of the channels they are scheduled to add in HD.The channels I have complained about are not scheduled to be added, at least not publicly. They are adding HBO2 HD east and HBO Zone HD east. With the additional capacity it is foolish that they are not adding more of the HBO multichannes. HBO/MAX makes available all 26 multichannels in HD. At the end of the summer they will apparently only carry 6 of them. HBO E/W HD (2), HBO2 E HD (1), HBO zone E HD (1), and Max E/W HD (2). Comoe on now. That is garbage!

Typing the same thing on a bulletin board over and over again is not having any effect on the company. Complaining to them directly may or may not help your cause, complaining to us does nothing. Don't mind your complaints at all, just the frequency in which you state them.

FYI that DirecTV 10 (103cb) signals are back to normal. One would assume they put the satellite back and are onto testing the spotbeams to find out if their fix worked.

I see signal from 92 to 96 on all 14 transponders, so we can rest in the fact that whatever they did caused no harm to the CONUS portion.

Your acceptance of the DirecTV status quo just feeds into the problem. Being complacent with DirecTV as is and not complaining is what allows DirecTV to not be the HD leader by any stretch, yet say they are. They are missing so many HD channels that are staples of the industry, yet people say they are this cutting edge outfit. Nobody cares about 3D at this point. We are still waiting for a ton of HD channels that just about everybody else has. Seriously, where are the HBO/MAX HD channels? Where is AMC HD? They just don't even bother to carry this stuff. Defenders of DirecTV are like Apple defenders. It doesn't matter how crappy the product or products are, they will defend it until the end.

I would leave DirecTV but isn't that clear cut and easy. You can joke and laugh about people that raise their ire with the company all you want. Some of us make it known when we are unhappy with a company or product and some of us don't. You don't. You just leave. I push for change. Two very different approaches but I'll tell you that the improvements that have been made over the years were not done because of complacency of your type of customer.

Your squeaky wheel argument has some validity, but not here on this forum. When you come here to whine, bitch and moan like a four year old, all you accomplish is to annoy the sh*t out of us. Complain to Directv, not to us! Seriously!

Your squeaky wheel argument has some validity, but not here on this forum. When you come here to whine, bitch and moan like a four year old, all you accomplish is to annoy the sh*t out of us. Complain to Directv, not to us! Seriously!
Well said! :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Like I'm the ONLY one that comes to Satelliteguys to complain about DirecTV... umm... OK
Opinions that depart from the DIRECTV party line seem welcome at SatelliteGuys, but it doesn't seem appropriate to air your opinions of the DIRECTV programming lineup in a thread specifically about a technical procedure being performed on a satellite.

This is especially true as whether the "restorative procedure" is successful or not, it isn't likely to have any bearing whatsoever on DIRECTV's programming offerings.

Opinions that depart from the DIRECTV party line seem welcome at SatelliteGuys, but it doesn't seem appropriate to air your opinions of the DIRECTV programming lineup in a thread specifically about a technical procedure being performed on a satellite.

This is especially true as whether the "restorative procedure" is successful or not, it isn't likely to have any bearing whatsoever on DIRECTV's programming offerings.

Well, considering most of us were expecting more HD beginning in May, only to be interrupted with their "change of plans" of using 12 to house 10 while they fixed 10, I think it is fair to rant on such a thread. I wouldn't be complaining if they didn't use 12 while they fixed 10.

Anyway... enough of that now....are we still on for June 40 for the launch of new stuff?

skottey said:
Well, considering most of us were expecting more HD beginning in May, only to be interrupted with their "change of plans" of using 12 to house 10 while they fixed 10, I think it is fair to rant on such a thread. I wouldn't be complaining if they didn't use 12 while they fixed 10.

Anyway... enough of that now....are we still on for June 40 for the launch of new stuff?

And as they stated we received more HD startung in May. Get over it, they never said how much and when except syarting in May!

And as they stated we received more HD startung in May. Get over it, they never said how much and when except syarting in May!

They stated they would begin rolling it out in May. When they said that it was before they discovered they could use 12 to fix 10.

It is your crappy attitude of "get over it" that is why we are so far behind providers like FIOS, U-Verze, and many cable companies.DirecTV is not listening to its customers. They have mucked it up since the last satellite went live in fall of 2007.

I am really tired of Fanboys just accepting that. It is OK to demand answers of a company you know.

It is your crappy attitude of "get over it" that is why we are so far behind providers like FIOS, U-Verze, and many cable companies.DirecTV is not listening to its customers. They have mucked it up since the last satellite went live in fall of 2007.
So far behind?

Verizon FiOS National Channel Lineup

Behind in movie channels? yes Behind in standard channels? Sure. Behind in highly lucrative sports programming? No way.

FiOS has no NFL Sunday Ticket, it has MLB Extra Innings but it only has ONE HD channel, and that channel is shared with NHL Center Ice.

Neither FiOS, nor U-Verse, nor any cable system has the equivalent of the Sports Pack that has all the regional sports nets for people interested in college sports.

Different providers have different specialties; if you're waiting for some magical perfect provider to be created you'll be waiting forever.

They stated they would begin rolling it out in May. When they said that it was before they discovered they could use 12 to fix 10.

How do youn know when they decided thay could use 12 to fix 10, they could have decided that right AFTER 10 was upand operational.

As for the rest of your statement here ....
You can scream and hollar all you want here, but if your not making the calls a D* there's nothing you can do to change the fact that they are not moving fast enough for you other than going elsewhere.

So far behind?

Verizon FiOS National Channel Lineup

Behind in movie channels? yes Behind in standard channels? Sure. Behind in highly lucrative sports programming? No way.

FiOS has no NFL Sunday Ticket, it has MLB Extra Innings but it only has ONE HD channel, and that channel is shared with NHL Center Ice.

Neither FiOS, nor U-Verse, nor any cable system has the equivalent of the Sports Pack that has all the regional sports nets for people interested in college sports.

Different providers have different specialties; if you're waiting for some magical perfect provider to be created you'll be waiting forever.

Yeah, DirecTV cares aboutt he sports fans and leaves everybody else behind..HD national and HD premium channnels.Iget my RSN HDs with DirecTV, FIOS, and the local cable company. All in HD.

Jimbo is such a fanboy... DirecTV can do no wrong

That is hardly the case....

Have you looked at my posts in the past ?

That said, I simply go with the provider that gives me the programming I need, in HD.
Quote simple actually.

The majority of the new HD channels coming in will do NOTHING for me. The channels I watch are already in HD, only thing that would be better is if the channel itself would have more HD programming.

skottey said:

Yeap they stated they would begin in May and they did. I dont see the problem; they did what they said.

And still stand by what I said, Get over it or go elsewhere or call them. We dont wanna hear you bitch. Thats not what the title of this thread is. Lets get back on topic

Status
Please reply by conversation.