Big4 - Bakersfield, CA

My apologies. I simply don't believe he's looking for help, otherwise why decline it so many times? He's looking for validation of his pet theory. It was the "yeah yeah, that's what Dish said too" that pushed my buttons. Perhaps I'm wrong and would LOVE to be proven so. There is help here if he wants it and I truly hope he accepts it. But if he doesn't want it I'll still sleep tonight.
Your opinions and suppositions don't matter here. I think we might have a dialog actually started so why don't we keep that going without sniping....

My apologies. I simply don't believe he's looking for help, otherwise why decline it so many times? He's looking for validation of his pet theory. It was the "yeah yeah, that's what Dish said too" that pushed my buttons. Perhaps I'm wrong and would LOVE to be proven so. There is help here if he wants it and I truly hope he accepts it. But if he doesn't want it I'll still sleep tonight.
Sorry, just drove from Bakersfield, CA to Indio, CA - 6 hours and I am exhausted. I am looking for help, get different results at time. I will look at Bobby's question and get an answer as soon as I can

For those not familiar with the Dish version of the Winegard Trav'ler, once it has locked on to the western arc satellites it becomes essentially a normal Dish 1000.2 with the standard reflector and LNBF.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am a bit concerned that you are showing 63 on all 3 satellites. 129 is never, and I mean never, as high as as 110 and 119. Here is what I get here in the SF Bay Area:

View attachment 153279
View attachment 153280

View attachment 153281

You will note that I used transponder 21 on all three satellites. That is because they are not spot beams, they are CONUS. Now you will also see that in each case it shows the satellite as Locked. That is very important. If you were looking at say 129, transponder 21 and you should see Locked as well. If your equipment wasn't seeing 129 you might get a signal that looked like 119 but it would not say Locked. Go back to your Hopper and try it, go to each satellite and move to transponder 21 and let us know what the signal strength shows and if, in each case, it shows locked. Also ensure that you are seeing the correct Satellite at the bottom. ie: my last photo shows Satellite 129 . Locked... The satellite chosen under Tuner should match the satellite at the bottom.
No satellites at all this evening in Indio. Trees blocking the dish. Monday night we will be in Quartsite, AZ try it there and will get back to you.

Kick back, eat a few dates! Drink a few beers. Take a break, relax, tomorrow is another day.
Yes, we had a very nice brunch with our family at Shields, yesterday.
So I started the process and I had printed out you last comments. For a while it looked like the same old thing, no locals. I was getting frustrated, so I had dinner. Went to the guide one more time and low and behold, Channel 5 KPHO came up and it was in HD! I did click on the satellites and when I did they went to being locked to being unlocked. Right before this happened I went in to tools and reset the receiver. The big day is tomorrow when we arrive in Casa Grande, thank you. I will let you know the results.

Once you get set up in Casa Grande do the same steps and let’s see where you are. The fact that you had a lock in Quartzite that went to unlocked is very concerning. Once locked it should stay that way considering you are not moving nor is the satellite. Of course loose connections could be a cause. I’ll be waiting for your next report.

Once you get set up in Casa Grande do the same steps and let’s see where you are. The fact that you had a lock in Quartzite that went to unlocked is very concerning. Once locked it should stay that way considering you are not moving nor is the satellite. Of course loose connections could be a cause. I’ll be waiting for your next report.
Pretty sure I responded however I do not see it

Not anything since Monday.
Sorry, Casa Grande went much the same a Quartzsite.
Satellite up and no signal for 15 minutes.
3 clicks and I am in main menu, Tuner 1, Satellite 110, Transponder 21 and it was locked. Satellite 119 and 129 where both unlocked until I checked on them.
Went to grid and it was blank.
Went to Dish and clicked on reset hopper 3.
Every thing was fine, same locals as Quartzsite.
Pretty sure this is not the way this is suppose to work

3 clicks and I am in main menu, Tuner 1, Satellite 110, Transponder 21 and it was locked. Satellite 119 and 129 where both unlocked until I checked on them.
Are you saying that you now have the 4 Phoenix networks? If so, you seem to be set but I’m unsure why you need to go through all that. Let me go ask NYDutch, our RV expert what sequence is required.

Are you running a "Test Installation" routine after the Trav'ler settles in at each location? If not, give it a try. It may not be needed at all location changes, but it's worth doing as part of your normal setup routine anyway.

Are you saying that you now have the 4 Phoenix networks? If so, you seem to be set but I’m unsure why you need to go through all that. Let me go ask NYDutch, our RV expert what sequence is required.
Yes all networks ABC, CBC, FOX & NBC in HD

Are you running a "Test Installation" routine after the Trav'ler settles in at each location? If not, give it a try. It may not be needed at all location changes, but it's worth doing as part of your normal setup routine anyway.
Please tell me how to run a test installation.
Last nights results: The satellite dish has been raised since Tuesday night. Last night wanted to watch Dish, turned it on and it was all over the place, no patience heat has overtaken us. Went to tools reset Hopper, all ok. The DVR has recored the shows from the past 3 days.
FYI - I was born in Astoria, Queens (most likely a dark and stormy night)

Please tell me how to run a test installation.
Last nights results: The satellite dish has been raised since Tuesday night. Last night wanted to watch Dish, turned it on and it was all over the place, no patience heat has overtaken us. Went to tools reset Hopper, all ok. The DVR has recored the shows from the past 3 days.
FYI - I was born in Astoria, Queens (most likely a dark and stormy night)
Would that be Status Service?

Press Home 3 times, go down to Dish (3), go over to Test Installation (5)...
IMG_0100.jpeg