Billing Nightmare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

droptopmini

Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Hi all, I have been a long time reader here on the forums. I apologize for the long read in advance. Just have not really had anything to post until now. I just switched from Dish to Directv. Having had dish for about 5 years, my equipment needed upgrading and the bill was high so I was enticed by the Genie and switched. I have only had my account for about 4 weeks. I did the usual and maxed out the discount perks. The $5 discount for 1 year, $30 discount for one year, $10 advanced receiver discount for 2 years, then free NFL for the season and free movies for 3 months, then added on the referral discount from a relative. A few days after installation I checked my online bill and noticed that they did not have the $10 referral discount. I called them and they said they needed the referral info again so I gave it to them. They said my account would be updated soon. Checked a few days later and found that my $10 discount for advanced receiver fee had been removed. My bill had been created and was approx $68 since it did not have the $10 adv rec discount or the $10 referral discount. I called them again and explained the situation and also asked them about the $10 referral discount. They assured me that this was their mistake and that I did qualify (since I have online auto billing). They said that they confirmed the referral discount and usually don't add that to the first bill but would waiver that and add it now. They said that since the "board" had to review my advance receiver discount mistake that that discount would not be on my bill till the next month but would still last 2 years. I go back online and notice that the pdf bill still stated $68 but the online bill stated $58 including the $10 referral discount. So I went ahead and paid the $58 online. I had a $0 balance. I called them again about the advanced receiver discount and they assured me that it was taken care of. I look online and I already have my next months bill and it is $147! I phoned them yet again. They say it is a software glitch and verified that all my discounts are active and approved and my normal bill would be $48 (at least for the first year). They also mention that there is an extra protection plan addition that was added to my account for 7.99. I told them that I did not ask for that and she promptly remove it. She said the bill will be ~$48 and I sould have no more problem and that I would get an email stating this. I get the email a day later and it basically says they gave me a credit of .58 or something like that for removing the protection plan that i never paid for in the first place. I check online and my pdf bill is still $147 but the online balance appears to be $139. Anyone have any experience as to what I do next? I wonder if the person on the phone understands what they are saying. I really frustrated and it has only been 4 weeks. Love the servie and the equipment but is it worth it? Thanks for listening and I would appreciate any help.

The discounts aren't applied until the bill is actually incurred. Check when the bill is due and see what the balance is then. If you continue to have issues, send an email here: ellenfilipiak@directv.com and tell them your problems. That email goes to the office of the president. They are very good at fixing problems like yours. Good luck, and come back and tell us how it worked out.

You've already got an answer but please note your post is almost impossible to read. In the future a paragraph return or two would probably get you more attention.

That holds for any web based forum you might be a participant in. Good luck with the billing issue, but in my experience, DirecTV is probably the best company in the world to deal with when it comes to such things.

Thanks all for the feedback. Actually the bill is due and states $149.89 now. If I look at recent activity it shows that they took off the protection plan but nothing else on 9/23. However, on 9/28 they charged me another $10 for "Prot Plan Cancel" so now my bill is even higher. I'm about ready to give up. By the way if I wait much longer ny Autopay is going to pay the full amount.

If the credits haven't expired they should still be in effect, and applied when the billing cycle starts or a few days before the actual bill, When there's a upgrade they automatically add the protection plan which can be removed online, $10 charge cancel is when the protection plan is out of a trial period (12 months I believe) and canceled early. Otherwise they shouldn't be a charge if it was just added recently. Clarify that with the CSR.

Thanks all for the feedback. Actually the bill is due and states $149.89 now. If I look at recent activity it shows that they took off the protection plan but nothing else on 9/23. However, on 9/28 they charged me another $10 for "Prot Plan Cancel" so now my bill is even higher. I'm about ready to give up. By the way if I wait much longer ny Autopay is going to pay the full amount.

Have you used the email address I provided to you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)