Blu-ray Hardware Deals

Let me see- how many people have posted they won't go Blu until there's a player below $200? In the last few days, even.

Sony S350 price rollback at Walmart

I was in my local Walmart today.

Walmart has already rolled back the price of the Sony S350 to $298. Other sources have reported that Sony is reducing the MSRP to about this at the end of the month. Some other models from various companies (perhaps old profile) are even lower.

Summary: Black Friday Predictions for Blu-ray
  • Blu-ray player for $149
  • Blu-ray player / movie bundle for $199
  • Blu-ray movies you actually want for $9.99
Source & More: dealnews' 2008 Black Friday Predictions - dealnews.com

Hard to believe. But it'll be interesting to watch. And if it comes true, we'll read posts here from the usual suspects about how Blu-ray is collapsing and they're all close-out sales! :p

Figures the BD55 is about $60 cheaper...

I was shocked when I saw that price, as it was supposed to go for $499. Might support the rumor I heard from my rep, that the 35 might be ditched and they'll stick with one unit. Makes sense from an economics standpoint. We'll see. I still wouldn't mind seeing the 35 come out at $299.

S~

Was some discussion on the CNN the other night about retailers are very nervous about this holiday season, and that as a result 'black friday' type pricing could be seen well before the day of myth and legend everyone waits for.

Crutchfield has the Sony BDP-S550 for $499.99 as a pre-order. However, if you wait until Sunday (9/28/08) to pre-order the price will be $399.99. The S550 internally decodes Dolby TruHD and DTS-MA.

-Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)