Blu-ray Hardware Deals

$100 Dollars off select (a large selection) a Blu-ray player when you purchase 4 Warner titles from Amazon. This means you could get the Panasonic BD55 for 233 or the SOny S550 for 229, add four Warner titles, and be out the door for $300.

Save $100 When You Buy a Blu-ray Player and Four Warner Blu-ray Discs Together

S~

Was looking to get the Roku player for Netflix instant viewing for $99.00, but I could use that money towards a BD. There are two models that due Netflix instant viewing - Sammy BD-P2500 and LG BD300 which are apart of this sale. Since the Roku was going to go in the bedroom I need basic analog 5.1. Which is the better player of the two listed above.

Was looking to get the Roku player for Netflix instant viewing for $99.00, but I could use that money towards a BD. There are two models that due Netflix instant viewing - Sammy BD-P2500 and LG BD300 which are apart of this sale. Since the Roku was going to go in the bedroom I need basic analog 5.1. Which is the better player of the two listed above.

I'm in the same boat and have been researching both players. The LG has gotten mediocre reviews for PQ: LG BD300 Video Players and Recorder reviews - CNET Reviews, and doesn't have 7.1 analog audio output.

The Samsung has the Reon HQV chipset for very good upconverting, has 7.1 analog audio out, but has a sketchy track record for its BD players. It also doesn't internally decode DTS-HD MA, but there is apparently a firmware update due out by the end of the year that addresses it according to the AVS message boards.

I personally would take a chance on the Sammy because Netflix streaming is important for me as well, but I might wait to see what Black Friday and Best Buy brings because their exclusive model (2550) also streams Pandora.

I'm in the same boat and have been researching both players. The LG has gotten mediocre reviews for PQ: LG BD300 Video Players and Recorder reviews - CNET Reviews, and doesn't have 7.1 analog audio output.

The Samsung has the Reon HQV chipset for very good upconverting, has 7.1 analog audio out, but has a sketchy track record for its BD players. It also doesn't internally decode DTS-HD MA, but there is apparently a firmware update due out by the end of the year that addresses it according to the AVS message boards.

I personally would take a chance on the Sammy because Netflix streaming is important for me as well, but I might wait to see what Black Friday and Best Buy brings because their exclusive model (2550) also streams Pandora.

Thanks for the information on the players. After looking over the Warner title list again (the ones I would want I already have on HD DVD) I think I will wait till Black Friday also and see what kind of sales they have.

Just FYI: Philips BDP7200/37 Blu-ray Disc Player is offered at dell.com for $259.99

WARNING: this is a profile 1.1 player (no Ethernet port). It has 5.1 analog audio outputs, but, it does not decode Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. So, I wouldn't recommend it.
However, it does pass these audio formats over over HDMI as a bit-stream and can output 1080p24 video.

Holly Cow! You can get the Panny 35 and 4 movies for about $200. The 55 for about $300.

Link

And gone again Now 75 instead of 100 or 100 again keeps switching No Panasonic 35k OR Sony 350
JUST HURRY
Panny is out of stock can't click it. I was going to order another

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)