Boston is Pathetic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am a Red Sox fan and we suck this year. The playoffs will not be kind to us. stop dreaming cause that is all it is.

I never underestimate the Red Sox..

When it comes to them playing the Yankees all things change.
While I do think the Yanks are a better team this year..

The Red Sox still scare the hell out of me...

But to be honest the Angels seem to give the the Yankees the most fits.
Maybe its the west coast??

Hopefully someone will knock off the Angels if the Yanks make it that far..

Hopefully they will!

You can believe whatever you want but you are dead wrong but that is typical of the fanboys that frequent the sports forum here. I've been a fan longer than you have been alive fanboy. The people on the bandwagon are the blind ones. Sorry but I aint blind. After Last year we improved the team how? Signing John Smoltz? Did they think that a magic fairy was going to turn him into Schilling and have a bloody sock game against the Yanks in the playoffs? Doing nothing about Papi who was already in a slump? This year is no surprise to me. We started off strong and beat the Yanks, but everyone neglects the fact the AROD wasnt PLAYING! And now they are surprised we can't beat them? The Red Sox management needs to wake up and decide if they really want to win or not.

Last edited:
come on now!!!! lets all sing together dammit!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwu1qAOvcsc]YouTube - Family Guy- Spirit of Massachusetts[/ame]

They are not as pathetic as the Dodgers are right now. Losing 3 in a row to the best team in baseball is understandable, but losing 3 of 4 to one of the worst teams in baseball, and getting blown out, is pathetic beyond description.

Like I said, the Dodgers are not as good as their record indicates.

They are not as pathetic as the Dodgers are right now. Losing 3 in a row to the best team in baseball is understandable, but losing 3 of 4 to one of the worst teams in baseball, and getting blown out, is pathetic beyond description.

Like I said, the Dodgers are not as good as their record indicates.

Over the course of a 162 game schedule, losing a series to an inferior opponent is bound to happen............hang in there. :)

I still think the Dodgers can win it all. In fact, I think any one of six teams have SERIOUS championship aspirations.

Who I THINK can win the World Series (in order):

1. Yankees
2. Phillies
3. Angels
4. Dodgers
5. Red Sox
6. Cardinals

IMO, it doesn't matter if you head into the playoffs on a hot or cold streak- JUST GET IN!

Anything can happen in the playoffs once they start.

The 2006 Cardinals staggered into the playoffs, and they won it all.

Over the course of a 162 game schedule, losing a series to an inferior opponent is bound to happen............hang in there. :)

I still think the Dodgers can win it all. In fact, I think any one of six teams have SERIOUS championship aspirations.

1. Yankees
2. Phillies
3. Angels
4. Dodgers
5. Red Sox
6. Cardinals
Losing when it is supposed to count more and before you go to the playoffs can have a negative affect.

None of this matters . the yanks could win every game for the rest of the season and still blow it in the playoffs. I'm friends with many Yankee fans and they are more worried about the Angles then the Red Sox. If the Yankees don't win the World Series then it's another bad season for the Yankees. Let's wait and see what Arod does in the post season.

They have to get by the Tiger's /Twins first.

Detroit's starting pitching is every bit as good as ny's

Boston is Pathetic : I've konwn that for almost 50 years :sob::sob:. I stared rooting for the Yankees when they where loosers, yes loosers. I don't know why everybody gets so hyper about the Yankees. The rules are the same for everyone, just the Yankees seem to be better at making the free agents choices that would help them. And you can't blame a team that is the highest bidder, the players have no morles when it comes to money. So get over it :) ;) :)

Number 27 looms on the horizon. :up

I beg to differ ....

The yankees have made MANY poor choices in the FREE agent area, some work out, but many don't.

# 27 , ya right .....
they've been saying that for about 10 years now.

1. Yankees
2. Phillies
3. Angels
4. Dodgers
5. Red Sox
6. Cardinals

I'm rooting for the one scenario where Indians owner, Larry Dolan will force himself to jump the Detroit Superior Bridge in downtown Cleveland, the World Series Matchup of the Yankees vs. Phillies. Ie: C.C. Sabathia vs. Cliff Lee. This city has been tortured enough already this year, might as well add more salt to the wound. :(

I beg to differ ....

The yankees have made MANY poor choices in the FREE agent area, some work out, but many don't.

# 27 , ya right .....
they've been saying that for about 10 years now.

Agreed. Besides the fact NY has the clout to lure the top players in the prime of their career, the main difference between the Yanks and the rest of the league is that they CAN afford to miss on free agents. Other teams can't.

They have to get by the Tiger's /Twins first.

Detroit's starting pitching is every bit as good as ny's

If Verlander has to pitch Sunday (or Monday) because the division title is still in question, and he can only pitch once in the opening round, that will hurt Detroit's pitching immensely.

However, I stand by my statement. A first round best of five series is a crapshoot. After that the best team usually wins.

Sandra

Agreed. Besides the fact NY has the clout to lure the top players in the prime of their career, the main difference between the Yanks and the rest of the league is that they CAN afford to miss on free agents. Other teams can't.

Want some cheese to go with all that wine??? Waah! :D

The team that hasn't won anything in a decade has too many advantages! No fair! Waah! :D

Are your feet turning purple yet? Geesh!

Sandra

Last edited:
You can believe whatever you want but you are dead wrong but that is typical of the fanboys that frequent the sports forum here. I've been a fan longer than you have been alive fanboy. The people on the bandwagon are the blind ones. Sorry but I aint blind. After Last year we improved the team how? Signing John Smoltz? Did they think that a magic fairy was going to turn him into Schilling and have a bloody sock game against the Yanks in the playoffs? Doing nothing about Papi who was already in a slump? This year is no surprise to me. We started off strong and beat the Yanks, but everyone neglects the fact the AROD wasnt PLAYING! And now they are surprised we can't beat them? The Red Sox management needs to wake up and decide if they really want to win or not.

I get it, your an old grump!

90+ Wins and a Playoff appearance, how the **** does that suck?

What the hell have CC Sabathia or AJ Burnett ever done in the post-season, open your eyes the Sox have been built for the post-season.

Want some chees to go with all that wine??? Waah! :D

The team that hasn't won anything in a decade has too many advantages! No fair! Waah! :D

Are your feet turning purple yet? Geesh!

Sandra

I hope your forced to watch Golf again this weekend and you miss the Saints/Jets game. :D

1. Yankees
2. Phillies
3. Angels
4. Dodgers
5. Red Sox
6. Cardinals

Really? I don't see that.

I hope your forced to watch Golf again this weekend and you miss the Saints/Jets game. :D

:D :D :D

Fat guys staring at a little round ball. Jeez.

If during the football game someone would have switched to the 'sport' where everyone just keeps turning left, and my boyfriend did not start throwing punches, I would have 'divorced' him. ;)

Sandra

:D :D :D

Fat guys staring at a little round ball. Jeez.

If during the football game someone would have switched to the 'sport' where everyone just keeps turning left, and my boyfriend did not start throwing punches, I would have 'divorced' him. ;)

Sandra

Well, that's one thing I can agree with you on. I can't stand NASCAR!

At least Golf is a sophisticated sport. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts