Boston is Pathetic

I'm rooting for the one scenario where Indians owner, Larry Dolan will force himself to jump the Detroit Superior Bridge in downtown Cleveland, the World Series Matchup of the Yankees vs. Phillies. Ie: C.C. Sabathia vs. Cliff Lee. This city has been tortured enough already this year, might as well add more salt to the wound. :(

I can understand rooting for Cliff Lee, but CC Sabathia? Indians offered him an 18 million dollar extension, which he turned down. He would be dead to me, you mean 18 mill isn't enough?

Well, that's one thing I can agree with you on. I can't stand NASCAR!

At least Golf is a sophisticated sport. ;)

If sophisticated means everyone walks around staring at something, then swings a club once every five minutes, I totally agree with you! Perhaps you would also enjoy 'sophisticated' sports like polo and croquet, and leave the exciting stuff to the rest of us! :D

Sandra

I can understand rooting for Cliff Lee, but CC Sabathia? Indians offered him an 18 million dollar extension, which he turned down. He would be dead to me, you mean 18 mill isn't enough?

I'm not necessarily rooting for either of them. The only reason I'd like to see this scenario is that misery loves company.

Besides, Cliff Lee is the one I despise the most out of the two. He had some nasty remarks following the trade and blamed "the fans" for his departure. Hmmm let's see, the club's not winning and isn't even close to living up to the expectations of many and it's OUR fault we're disinterested?! Try putting a winning product on the field, then we'll come support you in the stands!

On the flipside, the Sabathia departure was expected. We all knew we wouldn't have the ability to pay the salary that he would command in free agency and I wouldn't expect him to turn down that type of money to stay here. Sabathia was a class act (unlike Lee) his entire stay in Cleveland. He even took out a full page add in the Plain Dealer to thank the fans for their support throughout his career.

If sophisticated means everyone walks around staring at something, then swings a club once every five minutes, I totally agree with you! Perhaps you would also enjoy 'sophisticated' sports like polo and croquet, and leave the exciting stuff to the rest of us! :D

Sandra

That's ok, I forgive your ignorance to the greatest game ever invented. Most people who never played and don't understand the game have a similar stereotypical response as you. :p

That's ok, I forgive your ignorance to the greatest game ever invented. Most people who never played and don't understand the game have a similar stereotypical response as you. :p

The greatest game ever invented? Seriously?

Don't worry, I'm also forgiving your ignorance to the most popular sport in America! :D

Like saying the NFL doesn't recognize pre-Super Bowl records...even a girl knows that's ignorant!

Sandra

The greatest game ever invented? Seriously?

Don't worry, I'm also forgiving your ignorance to the most popular sport in America! :D

Sandra

Put this in your Netflix Q: "The Greatest Game Ever Played". Your boy, Shia LaBeouf is in it. Great story. Maybe it will help explain to you why I love the game so much.

Put this in your Netflix Q: "The Greatest Game Ever Played". Your boy, Shia LaBeouf is in it. Great story. Maybe it will help explain to you why I love the game so much.

Did not even know I had a boy! Actually, I didn't even know that person WAS a boy!

Did you know the PGA does not recognize records before 1970? Poor Jack and Arnie...;)

Sandra

I'm not necessarily rooting for either of them. The only reason I'd like to see this scenario is that misery loves company.

Besides, Cliff Lee is the one I despise the most out of the two. He had some nasty remarks following the trade and blamed "the fans" for his departure. Hmmm let's see, the club's not winning and isn't even close to living up to the expectations of many and it's OUR fault we're disinterested?! Try putting a winning product on the field, then we'll come support you in the stands!

On the flipside, the Sabathia departure was expected. We all knew we wouldn't have the ability to pay the salary that he would command in free agency and I wouldn't expect him to turn down that type of money to stay here. Sabathia was a class act (unlike Lee) his entire stay in Cleveland. He even took out a full page add in the Plain Dealer to thank the fans for their support throughout his career.

Cliff Lee is a huge A-hole. I hope he's a miserable failure the rest of his career.

Did not even know I had a boy! Actually, I didn't even know that person WAS a boy!

Did you know the PGA does not recognize records before 1970? Poor Jack and Arnie...;)

Sandra

Oh stop it. You know what I mean. Technically speaking the records still exist on paper, but what I was getting at was that the NFL acts like their sport began with the advent of the Super Bowl.

Oh stop it. You know what I mean. Technically speaking the records still exist on paper, but what I was getting at was that the NFL acts like their sport began with the advent of the Super Bowl.

Just funnin' ya...:D

But that statement really did border on the 'I' word! ;)

Sandra

Your state smells like hot dogs.

Coming from Cleveland...oh that's just too easy. First the New England 'system' statement and now this. You are throwing me fastballs right down the middle this morning!

The punch lines are endless...

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)