Bought two DISH boxes used, now DISH says they are on a leased account...

It's ironic how two different reps can give two different, and conflicting, bits of information and the "answer" is that their word doesn't mean squat, i.e. they (Dish) can't be held accountable for what their reps tell someone.
Exact problem a friend of mine did with the other small dish company. What he was told on the phone when he ordered sure was not what happened when the installer arrived. I did mine online with a nice print out and received exactly what I ordered from Dish network.

RT.

Claude is exactly correct with the information he has provided. Any time anyone is thinking about buying a receiver, they should give us a call and have us check to make sure the receiver can be transferred to a new account. Leased equipment or a balance on an account will not allow us to transfer receivers.

Claude is exactly correct with the information he has provided. Any time anyone is thinking about buying a receiver, they should give us a call and have us check to make sure the receiver can be transferred to a new account. Leased equipment or a balance on an account will not allow us to transfer receivers.
Did you read the original post ? He stated
The answer I got was it's fine to purchase and had no balance
I, like most, presumed he contacted Dish and was given the all-clear. Now, I'm wondering if the store owner told him this (as if he'd really know !!).

Did you read the original post ? He stated I, like most, presumed he contacted Dish and was given the all-clear. Now, I'm wondering if the store owner told him this (as if he'd really know !!).

The OP said in his post he DID contact DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)