Box starting acting screwy last night

ram1220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Allen, Texas
I've had Voom with the same receiver since March 10, 2004. I've had numerous quirks with the box but nothing that a hard reboot hasn't taken care of. Except for last night. My box is now having a problem keeping the channel info, guide in sync with the channel I am watching. As an example I was watching channel 202 last night. If I press the info button I get info for channel 203 or 201. Not 202. After about the 3rd try to get the proper channel info, the box will then show info for the channel I'm watching. Also I noticed that when changing channels, most of the time I do get the proper chanel on my screen, however the channel info listed is wrong. As an example if I switch to 301, I'll get the picture for 301 but info at the bottom of the screen for 303 or 304, etc.
This problem only started last night. Anyone else seeing this? Is this another problem with the new encoders? I have done numerous soft and hard reboots of my receiver but so far the problem is still there.

i thinks everyone in the d.c. metro area is having the same problem all 3 of my boxes are acting up. also one tv is blacked out on espnhd for the acc tournament and the other two aren't. why is that?

It isn't just in the d.c. metro area as way out here in...

cfkillers said:
i thinks everyone in the d.c. metro area is having the same problem all 3 of my boxes are acting up. also one tv is blacked out on espnhd for the acc tournament and the other two aren't. why is that?

Seattle we've had some similar problems. Has been going on for some time but got worse after the new encoders. By the way, we don't have SuperDMA and probably never will. Seattle's "seven hills" takes care of that.

However, we're still enjoying HDTV even OTAs through a gap in the hills under way to sunny and hot Seattle skies, Gill

I have been having the same problem. I just thought it was me not hitting the right button on the remote. Now I can cancel the install of the padded room. I am also in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)