Brady Quinn Escapes

Delhomme had a miserable last season, I'll give you that. But proven veterans have been known to rebound. Look at Chad Pennington a few years ago with Miami.

He's about 5 years removed from his best season in Carolina, 2008 wasn't bad but 30% fewer TDs. He's a year younger than Pennington but Chad has only thrown for double digit INTs twice in his career, Delhomme has done it 6 of the last 7.

He's also not throwing to Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad in Cleveland either and probably has to learn a new offense for the first time in 8 years.

The raiders...mainly the owner....is a idiot. Why the hell would he pay the kicker that much money? Now he raised the price on all kickers....he's a freaking kicker not a QB.

Because the kickers on the Raiders have been the best players on the team during these miserable years. One is a FOR SURE Hall of Famer in Shane Lechler. He has been THE BEST punter in the game for the last decade. And Janokowski has had the stongest leg in the league since he came in. He has finally learned to be a consistant kicker the last 2-3 years.....and has to be among the top 5 or 10 kickers in the game.

This past season Lechler was #1 overall(AGAIN) punter and only 3 FG kickers had a higher % with at least 25+ attempts than Seabas.....

...THAT is why you pay them that much!;)

When you don't have much, you appreciate what little you DO have. :cool:

BEREA, Ohio -- Mike Holmgren said the Browns will consider picking a quarterback at No. 7, or trading up for one -- and he wasn't shy about professing his affinity for Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.

Holmgren will consider a QB in first round, likes Bradford; plus Mary Kay and Tony discuss big moves: Browns Insider | cleveland.com

I just heard it on ESPN. They will "now try to move up IF they want Bradford" or stay where they are for Glausen because I highly doubt he will be a top 6 pick.

So I was on to something.....hmmm....I guess ESPN does hit one on occassion.;)

So I was on to something.....hmmm....I guess ESPN does hit one on occassion.;)

LOL. The problem is that ESPN claims an 'exclusive' for everything. They'll hear something and then say 'Chris Mortensen has confirmed...' whatever was already said somewhere else.

Sandra

LOL. The problem is that ESPN claims an 'exclusive' for everything. They'll hear something and then say 'Chris Mortensen has confirmed...' whatever was already said somewhere else.

Sandra

The ONLY guy there to me that has anything cred is Adam Schefter....the rest...are SO-SO at best.

Is Holmgren not aware of Mangini's media veil of silence??? ;)

Sandra

Lol. That's why I love what Holmgren has brought to the table. So outgoing and forthcoming with everything related to the Browns. He holds a press conference for everything and is very candid with everyone from the media. Such a breath of fresh air!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)