BREAKING: LEBRON chooses Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a completely disinterested outsider (really, not many people care less about the NBA or their overpaid flunkies like James) I must say that it appears Mr. James pulled down his trousers and took a great big dump on the city of Cleveland. Conversely, instead of showing a little class and moving on with their lives, the Cavs fans and organization are acting like a bunch of cry-babies. I guess it's just a matter of whether Cleveland wants to pull themselves out of the crap and clean themselves off or wallow in it and cry to the world how bad it tastes.

Just my two cents from the cheap seats.

"The Decision" generates higher ratings than the Stanley Cup Final with a 7.3

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/09/lebron-james’-announcement-generates-7-3-overnight-rating/56618
ESPN’s telecast of “The Decision,” when NBA superstar LeBron James announced his decision to join the Miami Heat, generated a 7.3 overnight rating from 9-10:15 p.m. ET. The 7.3 is the highest overnight rating for any non-NFL ESPN program this calendar year. Additionally, based on overnights, last night’s ESPN telecast was the highest-rated program of the night (cable or broadcast).

The telecast peaked with a 9.6 rating from 9:15-9:30 p.m., when James officially made the announcement. The top three local markets were Cleveland (26.0 metered market rating); Columbus (14.2) and Miami (12.8). Chicago ranked sixth with a 10.7 rating and New York ranked seventh with a 10.4 rating.

Last night’s telecast exceeded the audience for ESPN’s exclusive interview with Tiger Woods on Sunday, March 21, 2010, which posted a 0.4 metered market rating for SportsCenter from 6-8 p.m. and peaked with a 0.8 rating from 7:45-8 p.m. It also trumped ESPN’s exclusive interview with Alex Rodriguez on Monday, Feb. 9, 2009, which generated a 0.9 metered market rating (6 p.m. edition of SportsCenter).

LeBron Coverage Across ESPN Digital Media Platforms
James’ decision attracted more than 300,000 unique viewers on ESPN3.com, one of the largest audiences ever for a non-World Cup match. ESPN.com and ESPN Mobile Web had more than three million unique visitors from 9-10 p.m. Additionally, visitors spent nearly 130 million minutes on the ESPN.com home page, ESPN.com NBA section, ESPN Mobile Web home page and ESPN Mobile Web NBA section throughout the day.

OK I'm tired of all the LeBron criticism I'm hearing. What was the guy supposed to do? He was going to get ripped no matter what he did.

1. LeBron stays in Cleveland. Everyone says he's greedy and just went for the most money, and he'll never win a championship there.

2. LeBron signs with the Knicks. Everyone says he cares more about endorsements than basketball, and now the Knicks are viewed like the Yankees who everyone hates already.

3. LeBron signs with the Bulls. Everyone says he'll never be greater than Jordan and he passed up the opportunity to win somewhere where people will appreciate it.

4. LeBron signs with the Nets. Everyone says he just signed with the worst team in league because of their Russian billionaire owner and a stupid rap star.

5. LeBron signs with the Clippers. Everyone says LeBron lost his freaking mind.

So you see he couldn't win no matter what he did. As it is he took less money to play with 2 other stars and try to form a dynasty. Since when did we start criticizing players for sacrificing something for winning?

And then LeBron gets critcized for announcing his decision on ESPN. Well, funny, half the country was watching so it looks like he did us all a favor. I guess he should have tweeted his decision like this: Hey y'all juss wanted to let you know i talked to my moms and we coming to south beech. Yeah the partys on till 3 in the morn!

I'm not. They got what they deserved. They had a backetball GOD on their team for how many years and stood around surrounding him with what? Certainly no Scottie Pippen and crew. No Paul Pierce, Kevin garnett or Ray allen combo. The City of Cleveland Leached off of this man and profited from it. I don't feel sorry at all. :rolleyes:
Well said!:up

OK I'm tired of all the LeBron criticism I'm hearing. What was the guy supposed to do? He was going to get ripped no matter what he did.

1. LeBron stays in Cleveland. Everyone says he's greedy and just went for the most money, and he'll never win a championship there.

2. LeBron signs with the Knicks. Everyone says he cares more about endorsements than basketball, and now the Knicks are viewed like the Yankees who everyone hates already.

3. LeBron signs with the Bulls. Everyone says he'll never be greater than Jordan and he passed up the opportunity to win somewhere where people will appreciate it.

4. LeBron signs with the Nets. Everyone says he just signed with the worst team in league because of their Russian billionaire owner and a stupid rap star.

5. LeBron signs with the Clippers. Everyone says LeBron lost his freaking mind.

So you see he couldn't win no matter what he did. As it is he took less money to play with 2 other stars and try to form a dynasty. Since when did we start criticizing players for sacrificing something for winning?

well said!:up

Courtesy of 2k Sports, Lebron in NBA 2k11.

Attachments

• 1278720355-media.jpg
    1278720355-media.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 89
Miami HEAT Live Stream
Watch the Heat signing party. I believe Dan Lebatard was right when he said that Miami is the worst pro sports town in America

Just saw the signing party on ESPNEWS- I had to rub my eyes when I saw LeBron in the Heat jersey. It's one of those things you never thought you'd see.

I think that title belongs to Atlanta.
They just don't seem to care about basketball. They still follow the Falcons and Braves. The Heat nor Marlins sellout unless they are in the Finals or World Series

They just don't seem to care about basketball. They still follow the Falcons and Braves. The Heat nor Marlins sellout unless they are in the Finals or World Series

Again....you do not know the dynamics of Miami/south Florida. About 60% of those that live in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties are from somewhere north of the Florida-Georgia border. Those people bring the aliances down here. Do you think a Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Phillies and Braves fans OR Knicks, Bulls, Pistons, Celtics fans are gonna give up the teams because they live in Miami?! And those that ARE from down here...lived here when they had NOTHING but the Miami Dolphins. THIS is a football town. ALWAYS have been. IF this core of 3 can win 3 championships in 5 years....THEN it will possibly turn into a basketball town.

Again....you do not know the dynamics of Miami/south Florida. About 60% of those that live in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties are from somewhere north of the Florida-Georgia border. Those people bring the aliances down here. Do you think a Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Phillies and Braves fans OR Knicks, Bulls, Pistons, Celtics fans are gonna give up the teams because they live in Miami?! And those that ARE from down here...lived here when they had NOTHING but the Miami Dolphins. THIS is a football town. ALWAYS have been. IF this core of 3 can win 3 championships in 5 years....THEN it will possibly turn into a basketball town.
and that explains WHY it is the worst pro sports town in America.

and that explains WHY it is the worst pro sports town in America.

No....that is partial. The OTHER reason is that every single winner here...has been torn down within a year. Marlins....TWICE! HEAT....once already. This towns home town fans have grown very skeptical of th ownership to alot of the teams here.

But you can call it what you will....local teams have not been here long enough to create a strong history like teams in NYC, Chicago, LA. But, one thing they CAN do better than LA, keep it's football team! What kinda of city let's THAT happen?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)