Bsc422 dms LNB Woes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last I heard Skyvision was out of the 410's too. Perhaps you'll have to be one of the fighters for the measly 1 or 2 410's that show up on Ebay now and then for too much money :)
Seems like supplies of these receivers are dwindling. I know of more than a couple very small cable head ends that used to regularly get 410's when they purchased receivers for programming, but none of them get shipped 410's anymore, they're usually DSR4400's etc. So wherever the supply was coming from must be drying or dried up.

Last I heard Skyvision was out of the 410's too. Perhaps you'll have to be one of the fighters for the measly 1 or 2 410's that show up on Ebay now and then for too much money :)
Seems like supplies of these receivers are dwindling. I know of more than a couple very small cable head ends that used to regularly get 410's when they purchased receivers for programming, but none of them get shipped 410's anymore, they're usually DSR4400's etc. So wherever the supply was coming from must be drying or dried up.

That's what Mike Kohl tells me at Skyvision also. He sold the system to me but I didn't realize that the receiver was coming with only 30 days warranty. That sounds short to me considering it's a used receiver.
Worse, now that they are having a hard time finding receivers, I'm going to be end of line to get a replacement IF I can convince them (him?) to even give me one.

That alone confuses me since I'm already a paying customer but am fast becoming tired of the nonsense sadly. If I could get a replacement and be happy with this for a while, I'd feel positive again.

so If I understand you it works now on both polarities but you just have to switch the transponder on the geosat to make the 410 work

so If I understand you it works now on both polarities but you just have to switch the transponder on the geosat to make the 410 work

Correct. I believe the GEO has a serial port, maybe I could automate the whole darn thing with my myth stuff. Sounds like a lot of work though :).

To close this thread properly, here's an update.

First, thanks to everyone for their help and input on this.
The receiver is now on it's way back to skyvision who will test it, fix it, or send me a replacement if needed.

I'm glad I don't need to buy another LNBF or a receiver and am hoping for a good experience with c-band once this is settled.

Mike

cool. Hope it is something simple

Then when you get it back, just hook up the cable you have labelled W5 and you'll get both polarities at the same time (as long as the dish is at W5) ;)

Forgot to mention I liked how you have the dish set up. Wish I was able to plant a pole in the yard to put my 6 footer on

>Forgot to mention I liked how you have the dish set up.
>Wish I was able to plant a pole in the yard to put my 6 footer on

Thanks. At first, I was actually thinking I had to install it on the roof because I didn't really understand the angle thing. When I found out I could put it in the back yard, I decided to sink a pole into 3' of cement because I might add something else on top of the pole later on. I'm also going to sink a 2" PVC all the way back there with Ethernet, extra coax and power in a separate line. I've always wanted to put a couple of color cameras back there.

I wasn't sure if you were into computers or not but in hindsight, I should have shown you my server room. It's rather unusual for a house :). Next time if you're interested.

Mike

Thought I should update this thread on the outcome.

Got the replacement receiver, everything works as it should.

Thanks to everyone who helped on this thread.

Mike

woo hoo!
So it wasnt us then? ;)
(interesting as I had an old 410 that did the same thing but mine only got H polarity stuff (18v)

Nothing was done wrong, all the right things were checked.
Just turns out to be a bad receiver in terms of that problem.

Still have a number of things to figure out though.

Need to strengthen the 6' dish so it's not wobbling so much.
Need to figure out why the KU is constantly requiring motor adjustments to get signals back. Doesn't even seem to be directly in the wind like my 6'.

The fun continues on the rest of it :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)