Buffalo Bills sign Terrell Owens- I am NOT making this up

I lived an hour away in Rochester in the 80s and believe me, Buffalo weather makes Phillie weather look like Florida. And Rich Stadium. or whatever they call it....it's a wind bowl and does all kinds of things to the football....especially weak armed QBs that throw flutter balls. I would not be surprised if J.P. Losman is back at the helm and under center.

Salsa, you ever been to any Bills games?

Salsa, you ever been to any Bills games?

I went to quite a few. My brother-in-law's law firm owns a skybo:mad:major firm) and that is how I went to the Raiders vs. Bills game last year. I use to watch ALL of the Miami vs Bills games and I went to the ass whipping the Raiders took to the Kelly lead Bills, 51-3 in some playoff year back in the 91 or 92.

But the WORST game I went to was back in '93 when the Jets were in Buffalo, it was Christmas weekend. I had gone home from Chicago for Christmas and I had a ton of family in from Puerto Rico and they were DYING to go to a pro football game. They INSISTED on going, it was BEYOND bone chilling cold, I will NEVER FORGET that day....here is the tale of the tape:

temp: about 10 degrees, wind chill.... -10
wind: 25-30 mph from the NORTH
day: 4-8 inches of snow expected
location: THAT day, we could not get a lovely, comfortable Sky Box seats...they got us tickets where even the air traffic controllers to Buffalo Internation Airport would be afraid of hights.

Rochester is 1 hour and 10 minutes from Rich Stadium....took us at least 2.
I have NEVER been so cold in my life....EVER!

Stay in Miami, hell I wish I could.:p

WHY do you think I left the north. Forget that crap...it would have to be ATLEAST $2 million to make me move ANYWHERE north of Atlanta!!! ALL those that give that excuse of "I love the 4 seasons"....the winters have given them brain damage!

WHY do you think I left the north. Forget that crap...it would have to be ATLEAST $2 million to make me move ANYWHERE north of Atlanta!!! ALL those that give that excuse of "I love the 4 seasons"....the winters have given them brain damage!

Agreed, after living in Northern Maine for three years plus be born a raised plus living in the Pittsburgh area now, I can truly say "I hate winter". I lived in Texas for 12 weeks, during winter, they had there cold days, but nowhere near what it is here.

Agreed, after living in Northern Maine for three years plus be born a raised plus living in the Pittsburgh area now, I can truly say "I hate winter". I lived in Texas for 12 weeks, during winter, they had there cold days, but nowhere near what it is here.

There is NOTHING I love more than to call all my Chicago buddies in January when I am on the 11th or 12th hole on my approach shot....LOL!

Oh and you are forgetting...

When they play their games in Toronto - it will be T.O. in T.O. !:D

Sorry, just had to add that.

this also tells me that they're weren't that many teams interested in T.O. for him to have signed for a deal like this that quickly

I actually see this as quite the opposite.

TO was signed just 2 days after he was released by Dallas. 2 measly days! If this was a week before training camp and months have passed and he still wasn't signed, then I would get the feeling that no one was interested. But not after 2 days of being a free agent.

He was offered a lot of money. More than what he was making at Dallas actually. Length of contracts don't matter much in the NFL as you can be cut at any time and lose out on any un-guaranteed money.

Also, since it's a 1-year deal, he has the chance in cleaning up his image a bit if he makes it work, only opening him up for a more lucrative contract next year.

I actually see this as quite the opposite.

TO was signed just 2 days after he was released by Dallas. 2 measly days! If this was a week before training camp and months have passed and he still wasn't signed, then I would get the feeling that no one was interested. But not after 2 days of being a free agent.

He was offered a lot of money. More than what he was making at Dallas actually. Length of contracts don't matter much in the NFL as you can be cut at any time and lose out on any un-guaranteed money.

Also, since it's a 1-year deal, he has the chance in cleaning up his image a bit if he makes it work, only opening him up for a more lucrative contract next year.

i hear what you're saying. and the 1 year deal makes it easy to cut him if he starts acting up all of a sudden. the money is better than in dallas but at the same time buffalo is able to protect themselves because it's only a one year contract. at the same time t.o. will give his all to be able as you said get a better contract next year,benefiting buffalo in the process. the bills don't have much to lose here and it will be a good signing IF t.o. is able to control himself.i still have my doubts but this is really a wait and see situation.

T.O. Released??

What makes Italy different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)