Buffalo Bills sign Terrell Owens- I am NOT making this up

billsowens.jpg

"I'm leaving America's team (for) North America's team," Owens said at a news conference.

"This may not be the most ideal place for a lot of people, but I'm the guy.

I beat to my own beat sometimes, my own thinking, my own intuition."

No offense Sabres, but this move reminds me of when Randy Moss went to Oakland. Great talent, also a great distraction. Randy had no one to throw him the ball. Randy ended up being a non-factor during his tenure in Oakland. I'm not sure how it's any different for T.O. in Buffalo?

No offense Sabres, but this move reminds me of when Randy Moss went to Oakland. Great talent, also a great distraction. Randy had no one to throw him the ball. Randy ended up being a non-factor during his tenure in Oakland. I'm not sure how it's any different for T.O. in Buffalo?

The difference was, Randy Moss was in the middle of a muli-year contract...he had nothing to play for....T.O. on the other hand, NEEDS TO be have AND play well because if I am mistaken, after this one year wonder....he either retires or gets picked up by another team.

Good analogy, but two differences:

1. Oakland did not have any decent running backs ala Marshawn Lynch.

2. Oakland did not have a second WR to team him up with- the Bills do have a bit of WR depth.

It's too early to say it will have any negative impact in Buffalo, we can only presume good as that's all we've ever seen out of TO in his first year with any team.

In the end, hope is what he brings to a beleaguered team on a horrid playoff drought. All we can do now is if their bets and investments lead to a payoff.

Hope is great and sucks all at the same time. As a Chiefs fan I got to go into last season with no hope of a winning team (and they met that expectation) and it was an enjoyable NFL season (as is any season where both the Raiders and Broncos lose to KC). If I had hope for last season though, it would have been devastating. 7 games losing by a touchdown or less... that would have been pretty miserable to experience.. but I had no hope, so it was just the expectation they'd lose and more often than not they did just that.

As a fan, TO gives Buffalo more hope than they had before, as the numbers and potential do point toward great things. Now they just have to play the games to see how the performance measures up to the expectations. Here's to hoping that when Romeo Crennel recovers from his hip surgery and is brought on as DC for the Chiefs he can keep TO in check in Arrowhead ;), of this I am hopeful.

Agreed, after living in Northern Maine for three years plus be born a raised plus living in the Pittsburgh area now, I can truly say "I hate winter". I lived in Texas for 12 weeks, during winter, they had there cold days, but nowhere near what it is here.

Yes, Texas is nice this time of the year, even thou it was in the 90's today and 100 yesterday ..... at least where I was.
I would not want to live down there after March

Jimbo

T.O. Released??

What makes Italy different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts