Buffalo Sabres Hockey in HD anytime soon?

NoCenterIceNoDishNetwork

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Niagara Falls,NY
Many months have gone by with crying myself to sleep anxious to know if the Buffalo Sabres will be in HD this year if anyone has any info of relief or bad news. Please tell me. I may sound like a whiney litte baby, but I will lose all my possible dignity to find out whether Sabres in HD will happen. Idk if the addition of 3 new HDALT channels will play a toll (doubt it, though I usually watch the SD games on the ALT channels) or will E* have to launch another RSN.
Info will be greatly appreciated. Im sure other E* subs who are Sabres fans are wanting to know the same thing... :up

Many months have gone by with crying myself to sleep anxious to know if the Buffalo Sabres will be in HD this year if anyone has any info of relief or bad news. Please tell me. I may sound like a whiney litte baby, but I will lose all my possible dignity to find out whether Sabres in HD will happen. Idk if the addition of 3 new HDALT channels will play a toll (doubt it, though I usually watch the SD games on the ALT channels) or will E* have to launch another RSN.
Info will be greatly appreciated. Im sure other E* subs who are Sabres fans are wanting to know the same thing... :up

NoCenter,

I'm in the same boat wanting the Sabres in HD. Currently Fox Networks and Dish are in litigation over several issues. Since Fox owns MSG/FSN NY this will have to be settled before MSG/FSN HD content is available on Dish Network. At least you have your Local Network affiliates available in HD via Satellite. I live in the Rochester area and I doubt we will see network affiliates in HD via satellite any time soon.

I'll be very disappointed if Buffalo Sabres Games are stuck on the Crappy SD Alternate Sports feeds.

John

It's MSG they have to talk with. And that's Rainbow Media.

Rainbow Media and Dish aren't the best of friends right now.

FSN NY was long part of MSG, but it was more recently that they changed their name to fit.

MSG and MSG+ are not in HD yet. Think of AMC (no HD on E*), the Voom dispute, etc.

How do you figure? HD for Sabres are only offered by Direct and TWC so far no dish. please correct me if im wrong

No Center,

I think you misread my post. I agreed that Dish has no HD feeds for MSG or FSN NY.

With that said I mentioned that at least Dish is now Carrying your Local NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX affiliates in HD. I know this does not solve the problem with Dish not carrying Sabres games in HD.

John

This is why I carry the TWC broacast package, the Sabres games were shown in HD via Clear QAM last year, and I expect they will again this year...

Oh, and Dish does not carry our local ABC in HD as of yet...

Sent Email out

I sent a email to CEO of Dish, PR Dept of MSG and the webmaster of Sabres Com, looking for answers to when us E* subs would get the sabre games in HD. I told them, I hope I don't have to change televison providers to get the games, but I imagine I will most likely be forced to switch over to D* before the summer is over.

Charlie has a history of ignoring Dish subscribers and playing hardball with the broadcast providers.

For some reason Direct is able to negotiate expediently and provide service to its subscribers, while Dish negotiations go on and on...

I guess Charlie ends up saving a few cents per subscriber once a deal is made, but it doesn't appear that Dish shares these savings with its subscribers.

Last season I kept waiting for the Sabres home games to be in HD on CI, but it wasn't to be. Don't look for an agreement anytime soon...

Sabres game with Rick Jeanneret in SD > Opposing feed in HD

theedge103 - did you subscribe to TW's basic package (the $60/month one) or the locals-only one (the $15 or so a month one)? I've found the games on unencrypted QAM, but I have full analog cable as well as digital with them. I'm wondering if those frequencies are filtered out.

It's also worth noting that Dish's SD Sabres games are awful looking. Even on a 27" CRT TV that's 20+ years old you can see a lot of compression artifacts that aren't there with cable.

It's also worth noting that Dish's SD Sabres games are awful looking. Even on a 27" CRT TV that's 20+ years old you can see a lot of compression artifacts that aren't there with cable.

Mos of the SD feeds on Center Ice were very poor quality. And most of the feeds on Center Ice were in SD...

With HD games available starting in Ocober on Versus, NHL channel and HD Net, I doubt I will get Center Ice for the 08/09 season. Maybe if they have a majority of games in HD on their 1 week free preview at the beginning of the season, I may sign up. Otherwise, not.

Hockey is just not enjoyable in SD -- especially SD with poor PQ.

It's also worth noting that Dish's .SD Sabres games are awful looking. Even on a 27" CRT TV that's 20+ years old you can see a lot of compression artifacts that aren't there with cable.

Half the time the only way to watch the sabres last year was on a sd tv. Even then the feed was nothing to write home about.

I know...I have TWC at home and I could watch the away games in SD on my 53" HDTV at home with decent PQ. Went to a relatives who has a 27" SDTV and Dish, and it was really poor looking. Hard to follow the puck when it was moving fast.

It's really the only channel I have an issue with on Dish...but it's important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts