Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems with Timeline in the Reader app for Android. The only way to get fresh content is to exit the app and go back in. Refresh button goes back to the first post and seems refresh the "read" status but doesn't show any new/updated posts. Going to forums and back doesn't help - only way I've found is to exit the app. This seems like a bug but could be the way it is designed.

Edit: It looks like it updates after I post something

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm having problems with Timeline in the Reader app for Android. The only way to get fresh content is to exit the app and go back in. Refresh button goes back to the first post and seems refresh the "read" status but doesn't show any new/updated posts. Going to forums and back doesn't help - only way I've found is to exit the app. This seems like a bug but could be the way it is designed.

Edit: It looks like it updates after I post something

The refresh seems to be hit and miss. Now I'm replying to my post because it won't give me the option to edit it again. Seems like strange behavior in general but could just be getting used to new app. I can't positively rule out a problem with my device but will reinstall app to see if it makes a difference.

Overall, given the scope and magnitude of the change to the site, I am amazed how smooth the transition went. This can only be accomplished with an incredible amount of planning, testing and behind the scenes work - well done!!

Thank you

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When adding images to a post, I don't see a way to add an image from your PC/Mac, just URLs. Am I missing something?

When adding images to a post, I don't see a way to add an image from your PC/Mac, just URLs. Am I missing something?
Click on upload a file below the text reply box.

From the Forums page, when you click on a link to a thread on the right side after 'Latest:', you are brought to the last post of the thread. Is it possible to change that link to bring you to the last unread post of the thread instead??

"Text Color " does not appear to be working IN LINKS, at least not in FF.

I tried posting a link, and tried to bold it and make it bright blue so it is clearly a link, like so: Link. As you can see, it is kinda dull. So I tried other colors, including green - and always got the same color, regardless of which actual color I pick........

Scott, thank you for fixing this. Colors in links works just fine now.

I have 3 relatively minor things that aren't bugs per say, but hopefully can be added at some point.

1) A cancel button for posts
We used to be able to cancel a post before posting it. I have used that option before when I messed up beyond repair (FUBAR) or changed my mind or didn't have the time to finish, etc, etc.

2) Ability to edit the title of a new thread I posted (within the standard time limit)
Found out about this this yesterday

3) Thumbnail option for url type images.
I normally use thumbnails to save space. Currently I have to download the image to my PC and then upload the image to get the thumbnail option.

I have 3 relatively minor things that aren't bugs per say, but hopefully can be added at some point.

1) A cancel button for posts
We used to be able to cancel a post before posting it. I have used that option before when I messed up beyond repair (FUBAR) or changed my mind or didn't have the time to finish, etc, etc.

2) Ability to edit the title of a new thread I posted (within the standard time limit)
Found out about this this yesterday

The browser back button will work to cancel a post.

I do not think that vBulletin let you edit thread titles. It seemed like I had to ask staff to change them once posted.

The browser back button will work to cancel a post.

I do not think that vBulletin let you edit thread titles. It seemed like I had to ask staff to change them once posted.
Wrong on both counts. Once a post or reply is started you can back page, even leave the sight all together and when you return to the same thread, what ever was typed remains. Start to post a new thread and stop before actually posting you can again back page or even leave the site, upon returning click on the "Post New Thread" button and what ever you typed previously will still be there. Now that is fine if you intend to complete the previous post, but If you intend on posting something different you have to manually delete the old stuff. That's what the cancel button was for. With vBulletin at the old site under the advanced tab you could change or edit your title as long as it was within a certain amount of time. Once the time expired you would have to ask staff for help.

Wrong on both counts. Once a post is started you can back page, even leave the sight all together and when you return to the same thread, what ever was typed remains. Start to post a new thread and stop before actually posting you can again back page or even leave the site, upon returning click on the "Post New Thread" button and what ever you typed previously will still be there. Now that is fine if you intend to complete the previous post, but If you intend on posting something different you have to manually delete the old stuff. That's what the cancel button was for. With vBulletin at the old site under the advanced tab could change or edit your title as long as it was within a certain amount of time.

Must be a browser difference. I typed something, hit back then came right back in the thread and the text was gone (win 8.1 w/ chrome).

I think you could edit the title under advance and it would change the post title but not the thread title that would show on the forum list.

After a certain amount of time the site software will automatically store what you typed. That feature has saved me on more than one occasion, however on the old site there was a "Cancel Button" to remove what was saved. And yes you could change what appeared in the forum list as long as your changes were made within the specified time limits. I have done this without help from staff. I use Chrome and IE11 with W7.

Why does the spoiler tag add multiple line breaks ? When you use it,
it ends up doing this,
instead of it being on one line like it was typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts