Can no longer watch shows DVR'd on our 2nd Hopper and vice versa

mamma1st

Original poster
Apr 17, 2018
Virginia
We've been with Dish since January 2012. We have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. One Hopper died and was replaced last January and the other Hopper died and was replaced 2 months ago. The Joeys are still the original Joeys from 2012. All of our remotes say 40.0 on the back.

Everything has been going great until a week ago. Prior to a week ago, let's say I'm on my family room Hopper and want to watch a show I DVR'd on the basement Hopper. I would push the DVR button, select Source, switch to the basement Hopper and watch my show.

About a week ago, we tried to access a show that had been recorded on the other Hopper and we can access the recording but we can't fast forward, rewind, skip or pause the recording or start over. The same thing happens if we go to the basement Hopper and try to watch a show DVR'd on the family room Hopper.

But, if we watch from either one of the Joeys, there's no issue at all. And there's no issue as long as you're watching on the same Hopper that DVR'd the show.

I contacted Dish support and they told me to reset both Hoppers. That didn't resolve the problem. We checked to make sure there were no hard drive errors. No issues show. So then she told me I was basically out of luck, there was nothing else they can do. She said she would fill out a Technical Problem report for us but replacement equipment won't correct the issue. Then she said she would be sure to let the engineering department know for a future software update.

This is extremely annoying and inconvenient. Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue? Dish doesn't care.

Mamma1st, it’s pretty bad. Can’t watch one Hopper from the other. Can’t roll over recordings to another Hopper’s tuners when all the tuners on the first Hopper are full. We’ve lost 4X FF.

We’re losing functionality and it’s not getting restored.

I’m so upset over this, I’m looking into FiOS. The ONLY thing holding me back is the terabytes of programs I have on EHDs.

I wish I could say Dish was working on it. But I can’t. If Dish was trying to fix it, I think the DIRT team would have made an announcement.

Dish broke this with the last software update. They SHOULD fix it, but it seems to be “maybe someday we’ll get around to it.”

Well, this is disheartening. I was hoping for some kind of a fix. Does this mean we have to upgrade to their Hopper 3 system? Maybe switch to Directv. We live in the country and have no access to cable so we have to have satellite.

People with two Hopper 3s have the same problem.

The ONLY glimmer of hope, and it’s TINY, is that the new s/w is only on my MBR HWS. The LR HWS is still on the old s/w, thank God. MAYBE they’ve stopped the rollout

Mamma1st, as others have stated, there is nothing you can do except wait for Dish to put out a new version of their software. This is a serious problem, so I think (hope) that Dish will most likely have it fixed with their next software release.

Hi all! Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that this is indeed a known issue and we do not have a workaround other than to watch at the Hopper where the event was recorded at. We apologize for any trouble that this may cause and do hope that this can be resolved soon for our customers to enjoy.

I’m so upset over this, I’m looking into FiOS. The ONLY thing holding me back is the terabytes of programs I have on EHDs.

Change can be good, a little pain now and sooner than Dish soon™ you'll forget all about those EHDs. You can probably go buy some of that EHD programming with the monthly savings. :devilish

Matt, is Dish aware of the problem with Dish Anywhere on a PC. H3 only shows maybe 10 recordings that are not there (from February and weren't recorded then either).

If you click on one of these phantom recordings you see an actual recording off your H3 but you can't guess which one before playing.

PTAT shows its not enabled when it is.

Works fine on my android phone,

Many others report the same issue HERE: Dish Anywhere DVR viewing on Computer

Please HELP!!!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Matt, is Dish aware of the problem with Dish Anywhere on a PC. H3 only shows maybe 10 recordings that are not there (from February and weren't recorded then either).

If you click on one of these phantom recordings you see an actual recording off your H3 but you can't guess which one before playing.

PTAT shows its not enabled when it is.

Works fine on my android phone,

Many others report the same issue HERE: Dish Anywhere DVR viewing on Computer

Please HELP!!!

Yes, this is also a known issue. Only seems to impact the website. Try seeing if the correct content shows through the app.

dany.com: incorrect dvr content displayed; recordings not set by the customer

Yes, this is also a known issue. Only seems to impact the website. Try seeing if the correct content shows through the app.
One Hopper 3 and one TV:
* Dish Anywhere on iPhone shows all recordings but is missing some of the program images (as usual).
* Dish Anywhere via web browsers on a Mac (Firefox and Safari) shows NO recordings and claims that “Primetime Anytime™ has not been enabled on your Hopper.” which is incorrect. But it does show the correct “Daily Schedule” and “My Timers”.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just got a notice on the Hopper2 screen that an update is available. I had to tell it to hold off so my wife can finish watching her program, but it'll be interesting to see if it fixes the U243 2nd Hopper DVR issues when I run it a bit later.

I just got a notice on the Hopper2 screen that an update is available. I had to tell it to hold off so my wife can finish watching her program, but it'll be interesting to see if it fixes the U243 2nd Hopper DVR issues when I run it a bit later.

Are you sure that's a Hopper message and not a TV message?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts