Can not pickup Ku bands using DMX741U

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the dmx741u and I get ku on it though It has to be perfect or u get nothing with it.

Alright! Good to hear, at least I still have some hope trying to get it working.
When you said it has to be perfect, did you mean the position have to be spot on, Macgod79 ? That would be hard!

Well i mean if your dish gets cband good it should get ku with it. I have got ku band with it has too be on the arc though. How do u have it setup. I use a openbox s9 so that may be a difference

Understanding how the receiver needs to be setup for any LNBF is most important.
If at all possible, bring a TV and Receiver to the Dish, to tweak - C Band is very forgiving compared to Ku on a BUD.

Hi Macgod79,
Yes I do have it setup correctly rotating through the Clark Bell, I can pickup all the FTA C-band, but can not get any signal on the Ku-band, I have a feeling that the switching is mot working properly.
I am also using the Openbox S9, same as you, and a G-box positioner to internally switch between the C/ku bands of the DMX741U.

Not sure if I set up my S9 correctly. I've posted pix of my setup pages in the previous posts, if you don't mind having a look at it, hope you can spot the problems in my settings.

I've just ordered an external DiseQc switch, will try to set up the c/ku on port 1/2 respecttively, instead of using the internal switch of G-box diseQc2.0.

thanks in advance.
Hungster

Looking at your Pic, you did get Quality on a high freq TP, but 49Q is pretty weak on an S9 meter.
First, make sure the TPs you are trying for are still Active.
Then tweak the Dish and or LNBF position- start with that TP you locked, and see if you can improve it's signal.
For me, the S9 meter is as follows....
Quality 85 = Smoking Hot Transponder, Max Signal
Quality 75 = Normal reading for most Transponders

Things I learned when using a BSC621 and DMX741........
When tweaking a BUD for Ku, the moves are extremely small.
Double check that the LNBF is pointing to the Center of the Dish - keeping in mind that the Ku part is deep inside the Feed........
-----I was a little off, adjusted the Elevation to peak signal and messed everything up.
I would make adjustments counting the sides of the Adjustment Nut - 1/6th of a turn.

I'm giving up on this DMX741U combo lnbf...... could not get it working at all... using single cable, two cables, internal switch, external switch.... can pick up C but no Ku....
went back to the single c-band lnb... separate Ku-band dish might be the way to go now...

One quick question for the gurus... what size ku-dish should I get to receive reasonable Ku signal ? I've been looking at 65cm one, but not sure what is the minimun size...

Thanks again for everyone's help to date.....
Greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Hungster

For reliable reception from the linear Ku sats here in North America 80-90cm is typical minimum. You wouldn't get much on a 65cm here, and what you did get would go away real quick in any sort of rain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts