Canada Freesat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They probably use apache virtual hosts at hp42.hostpapa.com so I guess we are out of luck... thanks anyway.

They probably use apache virtual hosts at hp42.hostpapa.com so I guess we are out of luck... thanks anyway.

When I use the IP address instead of the www name, a page with "Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server" information comes up.

As further confirmation to the problem being the DNS lookup, one online traceroute I used (in Germany, I believe) could not find the address using its own DNS lookup, but when I entered my ISP's DNS lookup, it found it.

There might be no free channels after all

Yes, their site has been flaky lately. I wonder if they are doing an update. I wasn't able to access it a few minutes ago, and now it works.

I don't know if I should have started a new thread on this one, but here it is: It sounds like BluSky HDTV won't be offering free channels after all according to an article that can be read in Google cache: The Wire Report
FreeHD will not provide free, high-definition programming that Lewis had originally intended to provide to Canadian communities expected to lose over-the-air television signals as a result of the transition to digital television broadcasting.
It's still good for the Canadian market to have more competition.

shaw direct has an ota replacement free locals package. there are a few rules to it but ive read about it a few times now. i still cant get to the blusky website.

crackt out,.

If you really want to see it edit your /etc/hosts file (in linux)

69.90.162.110 bluskyhdtv.ca

If you run a some other OS here is a link on how to change your hosts file
Hosts (file) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks to Keith for providing the IPaddress

I have to say that all the work to reach the site isn't worth it LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)