Canceled sub today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chadzx11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
memphis
What a PITA. Not really a fan of the sirius changes. I gave it until my last day of school, but since I am on medical leave b/c of a motorcycle crash, and finished with school, I don't anticipate driving much (mine was a real XM, not a roady type radio), I won't need it. Too bad my head unit doesn't have HD capability. I'd like to check that out.

I signed up for MLB, but I never listened during the late 07 and 08 seasons. I think I had burnout. I used the hell out of it when I was installing satellites. For 08 I spent a most of my time on music and late 07 I was heavy into talk radio. Checking out Cigar Dave, Mike McConnell, Gun Talk, Car and Driver---ect because I was working almost exclusively on weekends.

They canxed two of my favorite channels---Squizz and Rhyme. Octane was OK, but I don't like new rap at all, and the only time I couldn't handle Ryhme was when they had spitkickers or subsoniq.

Meh. I found myself channel flipping more and more anyway. It was like 57 channels and nothing on, and my head unit has 18 xm presets. :rolleyes:

Now, I gotta get a new terrestrial antenna cable for my truck, because it doesn't pic up worth a dang (my wife's car does), and I have changed everything BUT that pesky cable.

OTOH, when I bought my head unit, I made sure to get one with a USB port so I could test a theory. One of these days I am going to install a hard drive with all my tunes on it. Works like a charm with a flash drive. :D

Man I find myself listening just as much if not more with my SAT units in the home and at my PC. Not 110% pleased with the changes so far either, BUT I will NEVER go back to censored and over-advertised, and over-talked terrestrial radio. Does anyone even hear music between 5am an 10am or so these days? It all talk with these stupid morning shows.

when I am at home, I don't listen to music. besides, my primary mode of transportation doesn't have a radio.

S5038373.jpg

I do wish we hax XM at work. Terrestrial radio plays the same songs over and over again. every day. sort of like 20-22 on xm. Man, I hated the times when multiple channels would be playing the exact same song at the same time or within minutes. That is what 20 is for, imo.

She offered me three free months to keep me from having to pay an activation fee if I changed my mind.

They merged and immediately raised the price. WTF. If sirius bought XM, that means I am paying my $12.95 to sirius now, and yet they want to charge me another $4 for stern? If my radio said sirius on it, I could listen to stern for $12.95. That's bull crap. :rolleyes:

I should add that I used to watch stern on tv. I don't like stern on the radio at all, and I was very happy to see him go, then the local rock station found some crappy show to replace him. It is actually worse. Way worse. Just bad radio.

when I am at home, I don't listen to music. besides, my primary mode of transportation doesn't have a radio.

S5038373.jpg

I do wish we hax XM at work. Terrestrial radio plays the same songs over and over again. every day. sort of like 20-22 on xm. Man, I hated the times when multiple channels would be playing the exact same song at the same time or within minutes. That is what 20 is for, imo.

She offered me three free months to keep me from having to pay an activation fee if I changed my mind.

They merged and immediately raised the price. WTF. If sirius bought XM, that means I am paying my $12.95 to sirius now, and yet they want to charge me another $4 for stern? If my radio said sirius on it, I could listen to stern for $12.95. That's bull crap. :rolleyes:

I should add that I used to watch stern on tv. I don't like stern on the radio at all, and I was very happy to see him go, then the local rock station found some crappy show to replace him. It is actually worse. Way worse. Just bad radio.

You have to be talking about Shane French & Rover's Morning Glory?

Oof, I tried listening to Rover in Cleveland. They immediately followed Stern after he made the switch to Sirius. Terrible show. Their bits were so lame, and obviously made up. The guy Deter (sp) was just so obviously being intentionally dumb, it make my head hurt. That more than anything drove me to Sirius to actually be happy in the morning again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)