Cancelled Dish Today

What the hell are you smoking? What "narrative"? "Bait and switch" has a definition:

Dictionary.com

You're claiming MVPDs who raise their rates after a year (or presumably 2, 3, 4, or however many years) are using "bait and switch". Let's not even get into the fact the discounts expire after a set amount of time is readily available before anyone signs anything. The fact people don't read that is on them. MVPDs aren't "switching" anything. You still get the exact same goods, for the price advertised, for the time frame advertised. There's no "bait and switch".

If you sign a 2 year contract and the rate rises after the first year, I'm calling that bait and switch. If you don't want to have a conversation without cussing at me, then feel free to use the ignore function :)

I know when I signed up for service all the disclosures were given about the discounted rates for the first year, when the extra credits roll off and all the details regarding what to expect for the first 2 years. I also received a customer service agreement with the same info in the mail days after i set up service. i think the issue is that people usually don't pay attention to the details that are gone over when they are signing up. The agents over the phone or over the DISH chat support are required to and go over all applicable disclosures when creating an account.

If you sign a 2 year contract and the rate rises after the first year, I'm calling that bait and switch. If you don't want to have a conversation without cussing at me, then feel free to use the ignore function :)
It doesn't matter what YOU call it. I can say the Browns are the top team in the NFL. It doesn't make it true. "Bait and switch" has a specific definition. What MVPDs are doing is not that.

And I apologize for offending your sensitive ears. :shh

Why don’t everybody just get in a ring an bare knuckle fist fight for about 30min an then talk about it , it ain’t nobody that can agree on anything anymore yee haw

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It doesn't matter what YOU call it. I can say the Browns are the top team in the NFL. It doesn't make it true. "Bait and switch" has a specific definition. What MVPDs are doing is not that.

And I apologize for offending your sensitive ears. :shh

I'm not offended. And I'm really referring to Directv here more than Dish. The way they flash a cheap price in their TV ads, many people fall for the 2-year contract thinking that price is locked in. I think Dish has done a better job by introducing 2-year price locks.

Think of how many people move and leave the Dish on the roof? Look around at how many dishes you see that you can tell aren't being used anymore

I always thought Dish wanted people to leave the dish. It's like free advertising and the next person is more likely to get Dish because it is already there

I'm not offended. And I'm really referring to Directv here more than Dish. The way they flash a cheap price in their TV ads, many people fall for the 2-year contract thinking that price is locked in. I think Dish has done a better job by introducing 2-year price locks.
OK, so Dish uses a larger font. Here's from Direct's site:
upload_2018-10-31_6-47-22.png

Sure, small print, but you can't say it's not there.

Reactions: HipKat
I got my deal when it was still 24 months. It was locked in.

View attachment 135783
I looked at that and the first thing that came to mind is that is $59 a month off for 24 months. That leaves your bill at $110 a month until they raise the price of Ultimate or the Movie package. If either of those, or both, raise then your $110 will raise as well...

I looked at that and the first thing that came to mind is that is $59 a month off for 24 months. That leaves your bill at $110 a month until they raise the price of Ultimate or the Movie package. If either of those, or both, raise then your $110 will raise as well...
No, they corrected for the Ultimate price increase with an additional $8.00/month credit. I dropped the HBO package, but I added the Movies Extra Pack to get Smithsonian HD.

upload_2018-10-31_10-48-45.png

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts