Cannot See PPV When I want

B

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I have two credits for dish PPV so I decided to use one. Once I have ordered the movie online. It tells you what channels are available for that specific movie and the start times. When I tuned to one of those channels none of them showed the movie the only channel that I could see it on was 103. The only problem was that the movie had already started and it was too late to stay up and wait to see it again from the beginning. Much to my surprise the Movie would stop showing at 5am the following morning. Which would mean that I just wasted my PPV coupon. The only work around I had was to DVR the movie and watch it later. My question is I have another coupon available and would like to use it, Is there any other way to watch the movie at the time that I want? Did I do anything wrong, maybe ordered incorrectly? Yes, it was my first time ordering PPV online.

retiredTech

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
if you have a dvr find the ppv you want in your guide, set it to record and don't start it until you're ready to watch it

n0qcu

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
if you have a dvr find the ppv you want in your guide, set it to record and don't start it until you're ready to watch it
not an option. The PPV coupons REQUIRE you to order the movie online.

D

Doc6666

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 17, 2010
Colorado
In theory it works if you order it online, and set it up to start recording for the next start time. When it gets kicked on it stays on until the end of the programming cycle. I haven't tried it to see if it actually works.

jerryez

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I watched a movie with a coupon yesterday and The movie had already started. I just waited and watched the next showing. Each movie lists the time that each playing starts and the channel that it is on. It tells you to be sure that you can receive the channel before renting that movie. Some playings are on sats that you may not receive. You tell us, what did you do wrong. It is pretty self explanitory to me.

pabeader

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
PPV and VOD are different services. With VOD you watch it when you want. With PPV you DVR it, to watch it when you want.