can't find transponder

partsman

Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
I hope someone can help me. I received a GeoSatpro DVR 1000ci sat system
from AdventistSat as a gift. I have installed 3 satellites before this one with no trouble. But this one is giving me fits. Its aimed at the amc4 satellite which I found with no trouble. My problem is the only transponder I can lock on to is 12120. I get a signal strength of 98 on this transponder. 3ABN'S transponder is 11822 which I Cannot get no matter how much I tweak the dish, I have spent hours repositioning the dish and lbn with no luck. I'm sure its something that I'm doing wrong, so any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks
Partsman

Check the LNB lo setting and make sure that it is set to Standard with the LO frequency set to 10750.

12120 is a vertical frequency, 11822, 11983, 12020 and 11860 are horizontal frequencies. The LNBF may not be receiving the vertical transponders.

Place the transponder on frequency 11822 and verify polarity is set to horizontal. Measure the voltage at the rear of the receiver, if that voltage is not 18VDC, the receiver is not outputting the correct voltage to switch the LNBF polarity. If the voltage is reading 18VDC +/- 10% next check the voltage on the coax cable removed from the LNBF at the dish. If not 18VDC, it could be a faulty cable. If 18VDC, then could be a faulty LNBF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)