can't move dish to another saellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whodart

Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Hey, my Lexium dbs5700 receiver works just fine on G19 at 97°. I have already got my arc in good shape and can get satellites
from 89° to 97° (as well as others), but I cannot for the life of me find out how to move to another satellite from G19. I have read
the manual several times, but just can't find any instructions on how to move the dish with the DG30 motor USALS mode. I had lined
up the antenna using my old Fortec Mercury II receiver. What am I overlooking? Thanks.

Dave E

i don't know about that receiver but some receivers require to setup each satellite motor control & save

some even had to enter the long & lat again. but more of the newer ones only require the long & lat once.

Yep like gabs said, check to make sure each satellite you want to watch has the "USALS" box activated in its setup menu.
Other than that, your motor might need resetting, if it worked before and has quit moving.

i don't know about that receiver but some receivers require to setup each satellite motor control & save

some even had to enter the long & lat again. but more of the newer ones only require the long & lat once.

Thanks. This Lexium DBS5700 receiver is preset with quite a few satellites, and has all the transponder and channels preset. Works great on G19 at 97°, but
I cannot even find out how to tell it to move the motor. Not in the instructions or options. I can move through all the chanels fine, just can't control the
DG380 motor, which works fine with my Fortec Mercury II receiver. Puzzled.....

From reading the Manual online....

Go to the Installation Menu, select Motor Settings - enter your Long and Lat
Then go to the Antenna Settings menu, scroll to "Motor" and select USALS for each of the Sats you want / can see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)