Can't see 61.5 TPs 19 and 23!

Ramen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
FL
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check to see if anybody else might have been having this problem or would know how to solve this problem before I call for an onsite technician. I did call tech support, but stopped short of having them send someone out before seeing what you folks might have to say. Started happening earlier this afternoon:

Service: Dish network provided by Embarq
Receiver: VIP 622
Dishes: 2 x 500
Software: L449
Package: DVR Advantage 200 w/ 250 premium and HD essentials

I've checked every channel, and the following do not come in. Every other channel is fine:

NAME....CHAN....SAT.....TP
SPORTS...472......61.5....23
INFO......580......61.5.....23
PAEC.....9418.....61.5.....23
VS/GF....9468.....61.5.....19
MHD......9469.....61.5.....19
DISC.....9487.....61.5.....19
TLC......9488.....61.5.....19
ANIML...9489.....61.5.....19
SCIEN...9490.....61.5.....19

Every time I try these stations, the screen is black for about 10 seconds. Then it attempts to acquire the sat signal, but eventually gives me the 002 error (The satellite signal has been lost.)

Reset doesn't work. System info says the signals of 119, 110, and 61.5 are all green. Check switches says all satellites on inputs 1 and 2 are OK.

Hope I provided enough info. :(

Last edited:
Try clearing the switch matrix. Unplug receiver from satellite, run check switch. Reconnect and repeat check switch.

Try clearing the switch matrix. Unplug receiver from satellite, run check switch. Reconnect and repeat check switch.

Thanks for the reply. I disconnected the receiver, ran a check switch (tests 1-38), saved, reconnected and reran check switch (test 1-3). I still cannot see the trouble channels.

:confused:

Signals from all the channels mentioned above are coming in fine in the Cincinnati area.

When you go to the "piont dish" screen, does it show you have signal on the transponders in question?

See ya
Tony

TP 19: Locked - Name Not Acquired! Strength varies.
TP 23: Locked - Name Not Acquired! Strength varies.

Looks like they're both going from 0, to 32, to 62 if I wait long enough.

Thank God, thought it was just me. I see you're in FL as well. I have a vip211 and it seems Scie, Animal, TLC, Disc, MHD and VS/GF won't come in but all the Voom and the rest of the HD channels are fine. I've run check switch, unplugged, etc.. and still those channels won't come in. I get "LNB drift or Status Good" messages, it's different each time. However, I have a 311 in another room and it shows the SD versions of the HD channels just fine. Since I have a dish 500 pointed at 61.5 I would think if there was a problem with drift all my 61.5 channels would be gone?

Thank God, thought it was just me. I see you're in FL as well. I have a vip211 and it seems Scie, Animal, TLC, Disc, MHD and VS/GF won't come in but all the Voom and the rest of the HD channels are fine. I've run check switch, unplugged, etc.. and still those channels won't come in. I get "LNB drift or Status Good" messages, it's different each time. However, I have a 311 in another room and it shows the SD versions of the HD channels just fine. Since I have a dish 500 pointed at 61.5 I would think if there was a problem with drift all my 61.5 channels would be gone?

Same problem over here near Fort Lauderdale

Hmmmm... Could be that with the engineers aiming the satellite to hit the correct spots with the spot beams may be affecting the ConUS foot print in Florida!

Interesting! :)

See ya
Tony

same here in miami,fl. those channels are giving me problems. plus i have a lnb drift e-7

I just talked to someone at Dish and they have no known problem. I gave them a link to this thread and they said they will pass it along to engineering. Lets see how fast this gets fixed.

I thought it might have been the storms that came rolling though last night be its blue skies here now and they still dont work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts