Carson Palmer's big mouth

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Did anyone hear what Carson Palmer said about "The" Ohio State and their football team and fans. He said he couldn't wait for his USC to play them so they could kick their butt. He also said he hated Ohio State fans.

What was he thinking?

Did anyone hear what Carson Palmer said about "The" Ohio State and their football team and fans. He said he couldn't wait for his USC to play them so they could kick their butt. He also said he hated Ohio State fans.

What was he thinking?

Yeah. I've heard it....

Here's a few highlights...
"I cannot stand the Buckeyes."
"It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there."
"I just can’t wait for two years from now when SC comes to the ‘Shoe and hopefully we’ll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf."

-Carson Palmer- Cincinnati, Ohio Bengal

Yeah. I've heard it....

Here's a few highlights...
"I cannot stand the Buckeyes."
"It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there."
"I just can’t wait for two years from now when SC comes to the ‘Shoe and hopefully we’ll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf."

-Carson Palmer- Cincinnati, Ohio Bengal

First off, does this guy realize he's employed by a team from Cincinnati, Ohio?! Is he trying to alienate an entire state?

Second off, why is he so excited for USC to play tOSU, "two years from now"? How convenient! You mean when all of our current Senior's are graduated or have moved onto the NFL, you're excited to play us?! What about this year Carson!

And finally, players have to have a little better understanding and respect for the state's respective fan base. For instance, here in Cleveland, Braylon Edwards (former Michigan Wolverine) has a hundred more reasons to blast OSU fans in the media than Carson Palmer does…..but Braylon doesn’t. I think Braylon understands a passionate fan base a lot more than Carson Palmer does. Although, what can you expect from a guy who went to USC and now plays in Cincy? Passionate fans is definitely a culture shock for Carson.

Second off, why is he so excited for USC to play tOSU, "two years from now"? How convenient! You mean when all of our current Senior's are graduated or have moved onto the NFL, you're excited to play us?! What about this year Carson!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this. What was he thinking?

i cant blame him i hate all cfb fans, except for Gopher Nation

"We're going to take the Gopher Nation to Pasadena!"

When your team is good enough to compete in the Big Ten, come talk to us. :D
How much do you have to pay for the tickets for your Gopher nation to get in ?

Just kidding, you left a huge hole for that one !

Jimbo

I might be able to understand if a M guy did this.

Desmond Howard does his best to bash us every chance he gets.... but for the most part the OSU / M fans understand the rivalry and respect one another.

Jimbo

I found it quite disturbing that he disrespected not only the fan, but the TEAM and Coach Tressel ...

What was he thinking ?

If the Bucks beat USC, we'll hear plenty more i'm sure.

Many have taken it as no big deal, it's a rivalry, but in my opinion, he's not playing there anymore... I have no problem with rooting for your Alma mater , but use some common sense.

Can you see a former Buckeye going out and ripping Coach Carroll and the USC team and Fans, I can't.

I always thought Carson was a cool customer with a level head about things, I guess not.

Jimbo

When your team is good enough to compete in the Big Ten, come talk to us. :D
How much do you have to pay for the tickets for your Gopher nation to get in ?

Just kidding, you left a huge hole for that one !

Jimbo
round 400 bucks for 2 seats lower level between 20 and 15 yard line last year Sec. 129 Row 19 Seats 11 and 13
i wont be getting those seats this year as Ive received no correspondence from gophers regarding my season tixs

so i just called after 1st post their tix manager will call me tomorrow and agent says he shall be able to workout a deal with me to get me into the lower level this year

cant wait for next year 2010, well have another national championship under our belt after this years football season and a real cfb stadium to boot

jimbo teams can come from outta nowhere to national stardom NWU, Indiana dam good last year
as you know I'm sure

also late breaking news tix manager just called back this year i got better seats Sec. 129 Row 17 Seats 9 and 10 for 510 and some change plus ill receive correspondence about my tix during off-season next year

no price change from last year, i signed up after 1st gopher home game last year

Last edited:
Really, care to elaborate ???
sure, last national championship in the 60's I see a championship in our future this year and ms. cleo agreed
yes i do believe in miracles.

next year dome left to the lowly vikings and gophers return to campus
Ive never seen a outdoor football game at a level higher than high school
so I'm pumped i remember seeing the old memorial stadium as a kid but never attended a game there

We born in late 70's in Msp MN have only seen indoor sports for the majority all our outdoor Venue's Met(twins vikes old home) closed early 80's probably 81-82 just a guess
Memorial stadium(nation old home) also must have closed early 80's

as all 3 teams play in the dome and it opened in 82 i think

cant wait for next year 2010, well have another national championship under our belt after this years football season and a real cfb stadium to boot

I was kinda hoping that my Irish were going to come up and help open the stadium but doesn't look like that will work out.

As far as what Palmer said.... I can understand his feelings but being in the position he is I think that he needs to watch his mouth. One of NBC's announcers for ND games is a USC grad and you can sometimes hear the cheer in his voice when USC picks us apart but he is smart enough not to really say anything.

I find it refreshing. :)

It may not be right being that he lives and works in Ohio...but that makes is all that much more funny :). I think I'll root for Carson now. Takes b*lls to say something like that LOL.

next year dome left to the lowly vikings

Lowly Vikings?

adrian-peterson-vikings-bears.jpg

Adrian Peterson begs to differ.

Stone phillips 420, if you're trying to predict a Minnesota Gopher BCS National Championship in 2010, sorry, but I just can't take that prediction seriously with that user name. Gotta quit smokin that hippie lettuce man! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts