Carson Palmer's big mouth

Stone phillips 420, if you're trying to predict a Minnesota Gopher BCS National Championship in 2010, sorry, but I just can't take that prediction seriously with that user name. Gotta quit smokin that hippie lettuce man! ;)
hmm you have a problem with hippie lettuce, check the mirror and look at your mop:cool:

Last edited:
Yeah. I've heard it....

Here's a few highlights...
"I cannot stand the Buckeyes."
"It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there."
"I just can’t wait for two years from now when SC comes to the ‘Shoe and hopefully we’ll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf."

-Carson Palmer- Cincinnati, Ohio Bengal

SPOT ON!!:up:up:up Except about the part where he said the Pac 10 was good!!??

Palmer Backs Off Statements

Palmer Backs off Statements.

Palmer has been catching some heat during the past few days for remarks he made Thursday in an interview with Los Angeles radio station KLAC.

Yesterday, Palmer backed off. He stressed that his comments were intended mainly for a southern California audience.

"I'm a Trojan all the way, and I was talking to a Trojan audience in California," he said, in a statement issued by a Bengals spokesman. "I guess I got a little fired up, as all good fans will do.

"But I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too. I hope they all understand I'm just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it's all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don't have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams."

sure, last national championship in the 60's i see a championship in our future this year and ms. Cleo agreed
yes i do believe in miracles.

Next year dome left to the lowly vikings and gophers return to campus
ive never seen a outdoor football game at a level higher than high school
so i'm pumped i remember seeing the old memorial stadium as a kid but never attended a game there

we born in late 70's in msp mn have only seen indoor sports for the majority all our outdoor venue's met(twins vikes old home) closed early 80's probably 81-82 just a guess
memorial stadium(nation old home) also must have closed early 80's

as all 3 teams play in the dome and it opened in 82 i think

ic :d:d:d

When the Big 10 gets some teams that can compete with the SEC, get back to me. :D

You fail to realize that there are a few good teams in the SEC, NOT EVERYBODY, there are plenty of so so and below teams, but everyone thinks because the top teams are good that EVERY team is.

Jimbo

It wasn't very smart, but how did he disrespect the team and Tressel?

He just said he gets tired of hearing about them.
"It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there."

Jimbo

Palmer Backs off Statements.

Palmer has been catching some heat during the past few days for remarks he made Thursday in an interview with Los Angeles radio station KLAC.

Yesterday, Palmer backed off. He stressed that his comments were intended mainly for a southern California audience.

"I'm a Trojan all the way, and I was talking to a Trojan audience in California," he said, in a statement issued by a Bengals spokesman. "I guess I got a little fired up, as all good fans will do.

"But I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too. I hope they all understand I'm just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it's all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don't have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams."

Little too late for the politically correct thing to say.

Originally Posted by GoTribe
It wasn't very smart, but how did he disrespect the team and Tressel?

He just said he gets tired of hearing about them.

Jimbo

So, again I'll ask. How did he disrespect the team and Tressel?

He said he was tired of hearing what Buckeye fans thought about the team and Tressel.

When I tell you that I get tired of hearing ESPN announcers fawn all over the Red Sox, do you think I'm disrespecting the Red Sox? :confused:

I don't know what the big deal is....he does NOT play for or work for Ohio State University.....he is alum of USC, so what if he hates Ohio State. Most people who did not go TO Ohio State or most people that DO NOT LIVE IN THE STATE OF OHIO feel EXACTLY like he does.....

So if let's say, Ricky Williams, who plays FOR the Dolphins and played at Texas, states he HATES The U....he should watch his back because he plays in the same state and the same city as the Hurricanes...?? That is stupid! :rolleyes:

Personally, I think Buckeye fans and alumni are being a tad to sensitive.....;)

As a huge Bengals and USC fan and a big Buckeye hater, I liked his comments! Nothing like the spirit of competition.

Doesn't mean I think he should have said them to a media audience, though. I just wish everyone thought this whole thing was as funny as I do.

That's what I've been saying.

The almighty SEC has some putrid teams, yet everyone ignores it.
Sure they have some weak teams, but it's the middle of the pack SEC teams (not the top) that set them apart from any other conference. I would argue that the Big Ten is way more top heavy than the SEC, even given the last two NCs. Just look at the stadiums you have to play in. The Big Ten has the three biggest stadiums, but then they drop off (I think Wisconsin is 18th). The SEC has 6 of the 11 biggest stadiums in the nation. That means half of the conference is playing in front of larger, more hostile crowds than almost anywhere else.

How about bowl records, too. Where most teams are evenly matched against opponents. The SEC was 7-2 last year vs. 3-5 for the Big Ten.

Did anyone hear what Carson Palmer said about "The" Ohio State and their football team and fans. He said he couldn't wait for his USC to play them so they could kick their butt. He also said he hated Ohio State fans.

What was he thinking?
Yeah I heard that on ESPN last night. Pretty amusing.

I don't know what the big deal is....he does NOT play for or work for Ohio State University.....he is alum of USC, so what if he hates Ohio State. Most people who did not go TO Ohio State or most people that DO NOT LIVE IN THE STATE OF OHIO feel EXACTLY like he does.....

So if let's say, Ricky Williams, who plays FOR the Dolphins and played at Texas, states he HATES The U....he should watch his back because he plays in the same state and the same city as the Hurricanes...?? That is stupid! :rolleyes:

:up:up:up

Kentucky is #31 in attendance. If they had a bigger stadium they would pack it too.

...Personally, I think Buckeye fans and alumni are being a tad to sensitive.....;)

As a non Bucknut fan living in Ohio, I agree completely, and I've experienced this time and time again. I've noticed that the majority of them have little to no sense of humor when it comes to playful bashing of their beloved team or blatantly supporting your own team. :)

As a non Bucknut fan living in Ohio, I agree completely, and I've experienced this time and time again. I've noticed that the majority of them have little to no sense of humor when it comes to playful bashing of their beloved team or blatantly supporting your own team. :)

If I recall, last January you ran everyone off when every they mentioned the Bucks, with your "Your teams better than" attitude.

We need to have give and take when having these type of discussions this year about our teams.

I left the forum for awhile because it was so bad.

Jimbo

You may be right to a degree.

That said any one who says they HATE another team and thier fans, has something seriously wrong, if they were serious about the statement.
It's different if he was joking around when he was talking, but there was no banter in his voice.

Yes, Salsa, This WILL blow over.

btw, your comment about a Dolphin player doing the same would NOT go over well down there either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)