Caught Dish in a lie

The Cubs are going to win the world series this year...
So when they don't, does that mean I lied?
That can't happen, cause once again the Yankees will stomp them!!!! :rolleyes::eek::D
God Judging by the preseason the mets will stomp them too and we know how bad they choke.:D:eek: LOL
In fact I believe this comes with every met ticket. :D

2964561050_2083766df2.jpg

Last edited:
That can't happen, cause once again the Yankees will stomp them!!!! :rolleyes::eek::D

The Yankees with their 30 trillion dollar (or whatever it is) payroll won't even make the playoffs...But I guess we will have to wait until Sunday to find out.
Sunday, October 4th that is...

Ok, guess I can throw down too...

I believe the issue isn't semantics, was it a lie or was it lazy CSR, but the lack of compassion in our society. If a member feels better coming here and posting a rant about 'bad DN', what's the harm?

Why is it the person affected is the only person who gives a rats ass? I bet I could go back through a few posts by a few posters to this thread and find a rant or two.

Can it get any better than this, we live in the USA, Nascar race tomorrow at Bristol, the NCAA tourney, and the Masters right around the corner? I, for one, am sympathetic to the OP as I've had my share of run ins with lazy/incompetent/rude DN CSR's.

Have a good one,
George

FedEx does not deliver on Sundays anymore. They stopped that years ago. The problem here lies in the fact that E*s customer service didn't talk to FedEx's customer service just down the hall in the same building in India. John & Suzi in India have no clue what they are talking about, or what is going on in the USA.

Jeff

Fedex will deliver on Sunday on a same day order only. Not a priority order. Direct from Fedex customer service. Dish was shipping today for a priority delivery.

She lied because she told me they ship all the time for Sunday delivery.
Dag, that's not what you worte in your OP.
Now I am not saying you're fabricating. But I ask ytou, did the CSR use those exact words "All the time"?
See it works like this. when you make such an accusation it is necessary for that accusation to be proven.
Sorry.
But a lie is delberate. This CSR may have made a "mistake".
Hopefully you'll get your receiver on Monday. In the mean time you'll just have to wait like everyone else.
Shipping overnight or on Sunday is expensive.

You are the same fine fellow that said Dish was being misleading for including SD channels in the Turbo HD packages. Looks like Dish will never do right by you. This is just a mistake.
Perhaps he should go over to another provider. Since this is his second major complaint about his Dish service that he's posted here.

Ok, guess I can throw down too...

I believe the issue isn't semantics, was it a lie or was it lazy CSR, but the lack of compassion in our society. If a member feels better coming here and posting a rant about 'bad DN', what's the harm?

Why is it the person affected is the only person who gives a rats ass? I bet I could go back through a few posts by a few posters to this thread and find a rant or two.

Can it get any better than this, we live in the USA, Nascar race tomorrow at Bristol, the NCAA tourney, and the Masters right around the corner? I, for one, am sympathetic to the OP as I've had my share of run ins with lazy/incompetent/rude DN CSR's.

Have a good one,
George
Bubbie, when someone posts a legitimate incident on here that has at least some semblence of proof we all empathize and try to help out.
The OP accused the CSR of LYING. He has no proof it was a LIE.

You will probably get it 4-5 days later. I was told that I would get it in a few days and that was a lie. It depends on how far away from Suwanee Georgia (or whatever place these repo's come from).

OK-

Let's see:

Dish: "Your receiver will arrive on Sunday"
Me: "Fedex doesn't deliver on Sunday"
Dish: "Yes they do. We deliver all the time on Sunday with next day priority."
Me: "What time will I get it here on Sunday?"
Dish: "I'm guaranteeing it by 2:00 Sunday"
Me: "Thank you"

So I call Fedex and ask if they will deliver on Sunday because I'm skeptical. No deliveries (except same day) on Sunday. If I had not checked, I would have had to stay home all day Sunday to receive it (signature required).

How is this not a lie?

Dish might be a decent company, but the service rep I was dealing with was very misleading. When I called back, a different customer service rep stated they never deliver on Sunday. If we want to argue about it being a lie or being mistaken...bottom line it was very poor customer service.

Maybe I should have been more clear in my first post, but after 2 hours of trouble shooting and another half hour with customer service....not so happy.

The point of the post, and hopefully the value, is that no one should expect Dish to ship a receiver for Sunday delivery. There...happy now KAB?
Ok does that conversation look to you like the Rep was making up what she told you? Because if that's what she did then she did "lie".
But what say you if the info she gave you was what she was given by her system? If the information was bad does that mean there was a deliberate attempt to mislead yuou be giving knwoingly false information? WHich by the way is the long fdefinition of a "lie".
Look, you'll get your receiver in due time. Lashjing out at people isn't going to make the box get you any sooner.
So please, just find something else to do while you wait.
Your situation is no more or no less important than anyone else's.
I find it irritating that our society's sense of entitlement to instant gratification has created the notion that if one wants something they can expect the world to stop orbiting the Sun so that they can get what it is they want

The reps are in India or whatever country and have outdated info. That's a fact. The customer service rep didn't lie, she just misstated something she was told. Maybe in India or where ever FedEx does deliver on Sunday, they don't have "weekends" as we know it do they?

Jeff

For Sunday delivery, we offer FedEx SameDay within the US and FedEx International Next Flight for international deliveries. Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 to request
I'm gonna look up the cost to use this service.... I will say right now that there's no way in hell Dish will use this to ship a replacement receiver though. For one, are Dish's warehouses open on Sunday ? I'll bet not...

They offer "1 Day Freight" option ... and the package must be skid-mounted and weigh a min of 151 lbs. You also can only use it for a "future" delivery date (as early as one day in the future).

For their same-day service, they offer nothing online as far as scheduling one, getting rates, etc.

Replacement receivers are shipped from El Paso, TX via 2nd Day Air (UPS). That warehouse is only open M-F.

Dish has wisely trained their CSRs to say 4-5 days, because if you order the replacement on Thursday, it can take that long. If you order on a Monday before 4pm Texas time, you'll almost certainly get it on Wednesday.

Replacement receivers are shipped from El Paso, TX via 2nd Day Air (UPS). That warehouse is only open M-F.

Dish has wisely trained their CSRs to say 4-5 days, because if you order the replacement on Thursday, it can take that long. If you order on a Monday before 4pm Texas time, you'll almost certainly get it on Wednesday.
No we know you are lying/mistaken. :rolleyes::D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)