Feb 14, 2004
I have a Cband dish with a dual feedhorn and two
norsat 8515 lnb's.All of a sudden the cable connected to the horizonal
Lnb stop working.When i put it into my multi-switch the switch makes a
loud mechanical sound.I took the cable connected to the H lnb and
hook it up directly to my receiver in the house and the receiver makes
the same loud mechanical noise.Is it possible that one of my coaxial cable from
the dish has gone bad?The whole entire cable not just the connectors on the end
of the cable.if so i am in big trouble because it is too hot to run a new cband ribbon
cable up through the attic again.My cable is not buried so i don't think moisture in
line is the problem but it may be.Any suggestions?

If you hear sounds from the receiver, the problem most come from the receiver, if the cable has problem, it only show no signal to your receiver. But however, looks like your multi switch got fried. diring you make the connection.

If you hear sounds from the receiver, the problem most come from the receiver, if the cable has problem, it only show no signal to your receiver. But however, looks like your multi switch got fried. diring you make the connection.
The multiswitch is working i can get all the channels on the vertical side's lnb.

The multiswitch is working i can get all the channels on the vertical side's lnb.

Have you tired removing the multiswitch and hooking directly to the receiver? Tried each cable/LNB separately, you may have a bad LNB.

Why put in another ribbon cable when all you would have to do is get some RG6 cable and run it , cut the old cable at the house side, install a grounding block.

The other option is since you haven't buried and most likely not in pipe it may have been damaged, walk the cable and feel it for and any damage.

Have you tired removing the multiswitch and hooking directly to the receiver? Tried each cable/LNB separately, you may have a bad LNB.

Why put in another ribbon cable when all you would have to do is get some RG6 cable and run it , cut the old cable at the house side, install a grounding block.

The other option is since you haven't buried and most likely not in pipe it may have been damaged, walk the cable and feel it for and any damage.
When i hook the cable directly to the receiver it reboots and the screen flashes.When i change the cables around on the lnb's the one that wasn't working works and the lnb that worked before changing does not work.I think something is wrong with one of the RG6 cables.The cable that not working makes the receiver make a feedback type sound.When i connect it to the back of the receiver.Both of the lnb's are good.

What I would try is to power every thing down 1st.
then either at Multi or lnb connections put a 75ohm terminator on them.
note, you should read the terminator 1st with you're meter, an remember what its value is.
lets say you terminator is 74.7ohm with a 100 to 150 ft of cable it should not go over 79 ohms.
the norm is with a good grade of rg6, around 2ohm increase per 100ft of coax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

corotor & f/D calcs

In a bind (Mount set up)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)