Ceil 2 is Alive and Powerful

My Atlanta locals are on both 129 and (now) 61.5. Are they planning on dropping the mirror on 129 at some point in the future, forcing me to take down my 1000.2 and replacing it with the 1000.4?

That is totally unknown outside of Dish Network, and they may not even have made a firm decision.

However, when they force you to change satellite slots, they have always paid for the new dish and repoint.

For your information Sr, Sat Orbital Slots are professionally assigned by international organizations not the particular decision of any country. The ITU, International Telecommunications Union (formerly CCIRT) regulates this things not the FCC nor any other country's regulatory body. Every country's Regulatory Body is a member of the ITU , the FCC included of course and all its members of course Telecomm Eng's not a**holes like you.

Your remarks shows how little you know in this regards. Your fellow countrymen should feel ashame with comments like this but all I see is Silence and like we use to say in Cuba , El que calla otorga.
Jesus! (pronounced, Hey Zeus!) dude, lighten up.

Do smiley's not translate into Espanol?

Here's the numbers I get with a 30 inch dish in McMinnville, Oregon

tp 1 = 60
tp 2 = 48
tp 3 = 61
tp 4 = 58
tp 5 = 61
tp 6 = -
tp 7 = 49
tp 8 = 59
tp 9 = 58
tp 10 = 57
tp 11 = -
tp 12 = 45
tp 13 = 50
tp 14 = First 67, then drops to 47, weird
tp 15 = 58
tp 16 = 64
tp 17 = 87
tp 18 = 66
tp 19 = 70
tp 20 = 68
tp 21 = 86
tp 22 = 67
tp 23 = 68
tp 24 = 66
tp 25 = 67
tp 26 = 66
tp 27 = 68
tp 28 = 77
tp 29 = 70
tp 30 = 63
tp 31 = 71
tp 32 = 85

No,but if you order a ppv online make sure you see that channel in your guide,because 129w has different ppv for west coast,that's what happen to me too night's ago,order the movie tropical thunder and it was on channel 587 went to watch it 930pm and i did not have the channel in my guide,so i called dish and they told me i would need 129 to received this channel,i said i have 61.5,119,110 Sat's, of coarse i have 129 too but was not hook up because of drop out on that sat,but re-hook it up yesterday {BECAUSE I'M A SAT JUNKIE}and I'm getting a better signal on 129 then 61.5 so your ok,my numbers are way higher then most here with a dish 500 pointed at 129 i don't know why. trps 32 on 129 is 103:D

Is there any reason my signal are so high then others here, is this sat stronger in the south compared to the east,Midwest,central and west coast or I'm just lucky,and if you have 129 what's your signal for trps 32 on 129,mine is 103:eek:

What dish are you using for 129? Seems like tp 32 is one of the highest one from early reports.

No,but if you order a ppv online make sure you see that channel in your guide,because 129w has different ppv for west coast,that's what happen to me too night's ago,order the movie tropical thunder and it was on channel 587 went to watch it 930pm and i did not have the channel in my guide,so i called dish and they told me i would need 129 to received this channel,i said i have 61.5,119,110 Sat's, of coarse i have 129 too but was not hook up because of drop out on that sat,but re-hook it up yesterday {BECAUSE I'M A SAT JUNKIE}and I'm getting a better signal on 129 then 61.5 so your ok,my numbers are way higher then most here with a dish 500 pointed at 129 i don't know why. trps 32 on 129 is 103:D
Thanks for the info....How do I check my signal strength?

Is there any reason my signal are so high then others here, is this sat stronger in the south compared to the east,Midwest,central and west coast or I'm just lucky,and if you have 129 what's your signal for trps 32 on 129,mine is 103:eek:

The highest strength signal of the Conus beam is focused on the Southeast. The reason is because that part of the county has rain fade issues and they want max power there. You must have good weather today

The highest strength signal of the Conus beam is focused on the Southeast. The reason is because that part of the county has rain fade issues and they want max power there. You must have good weather today

Clear as bell! shouldn't S fl not have that great of a signal anyway for 129 or at all.Thanks:cool:

Ciel-2 information for the average Dish Network subscriber:

Dish Network has just replaced its failing old satellite at the 129 West slot with a new modern satellite called Ciel-2.

If you have a Dish1000, a Dish1000.2 or a Dish1000+ you will receive the signals from the new satellite automatically and you do not need to do anything.

If you have a Dish1000.4 or a Dish1000.5, or you have a dish pointed at 61.5, you do not need to receive this new satellite

Benefits of the new satellite:

- Higher signal strength on National HD channels, especially in Oregon, Washington and New England.

- More capacity for more National HD channels

- 145 spot beams for many more Local HD Network channels in more markets.

Wouldnt I need Ciel 2 for my Indianapolis HD locals? I currently have 110, 119, 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)