Championship Week 2009 Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They try to do it by the top teams play wherever is closest, and they do measure by miles. So it depends on what the exact order of the top 4 is. That's why UConn would have dibs on Boston if they stayed #1. I guess Pitt or UNC to Indy and Oklahoma to Memphis. Whoever is #4 goes out west.

That's what I thought.

But what makes the Boston scenario interesting, is Boston is now considered ACC territory, but obviously UConn is much closer geographically.

That will be an interesting call if UNC and UConn have similar resumes in three weeks.

I just wouldn't want UConn to fall to a 2 seed and get put in Carolina's region and then play in Boston. That'd be like a home game for UConn.

I just wouldn't want UConn to fall to a 2 seed and get put in Carolina's region and then play in Boston. That'd be like a home game for UConn.

Two primary factors in which Big East team gets the top seed:

1. The rematch at the Oakland Zoo

2. Whichever team fares better in the Big East Tournament

They also won the championship their one year. It was either 96 or 98.

The other year was 1995. They beat Arkansas in one of the best games ever in OT. That was the game Roderick Rhodes missed two Free throws that would have won the game in regulation. I have been going through all my tapes of UK games to see exactly what games I have. I came across this one about a week or so ago. Here's a link to the game box score and story.

Kentucky vs. Arkansas (March 12, 1995)

The conference tournaments are my favorite part of March Madness. I think it's because everyone (almost) is in it and almost anything can happen between conference teams. Just look at the SEC last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)